Fender pickguard on So Cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender pickguard on So Cal?

Before I go and ask Warmoth to make one....

Does anyone know if a standard Fender branded pickguard lines up on the Sol Cal?

Thanks!

There are 8 holes instead of 11 and the won't match up that well. Don't forget about the floyd route vs vtrem. Some of the guys here make direct replacements.

Comment

You could also get one made from Terapin Guitars. They have a handy template you can print out and check against your existing pickguard. There are ton's of options. In this case where the holes don't match up, you can order a pickguard without mounting holes and do them yourself using the original so that they would line up.

Comment

I would go with the custom made job. I wouldn't want to drill new holes in the body for one that isn't an exact fit.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Yea, you're gonna have to get one from someone that make custom replacements or do some work on the pickguard.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Get ahold of member Sully on here...will make you an exact fit one in any color you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              There are 8 holes instead of 11 and the won't match up that well. Don't forget about the floyd route vs vtrem. Some of the guys here make direct replacements.
              A lot of reissues have 8 holes. I have an 8 hole single ply, and was wondering if it would work as well.

Comment

A lot of reissues have 8 holes. I have an 8 hole single ply, and was wondering if it would work as well.
                If I remember when I tried it the holes are very close but some had to go in at angles so the screws didn't lay flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  If I remember when I tried it the holes are very close but some had to go in at angles so the screws didn't lay flat.
                  Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                    Get ahold of member Sully on here...will make you an exact fit one in any color you want.
                    Thanks for the shoutout, but Mark, you're getting the last one that I'll be doing for quite some time.

Sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i ordered one from warmoth - had no problems with the holes lining up if you order the right options.
                      Proud endorser of:
                      Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
                      GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
                      Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Originally posted by maltomario View Post
                        i ordered one from warmoth - had no problems with the holes lining up if you order the right options.
                        +1

You're gonna have to shave the neck pocket on the PG a little though.

Comment

Try pickguardian

Comment

Working...
                          X