No announcement yet.

Does anyone still do a Lynch Sub Camo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still do a Lynch Sub Camo?

Sold mine a dozen years back and have been missing it ever since. Would love to do a recreation but don't know any still does them.

Oh I am sure you can get one built. or you can buy a guitar and send it for a refin. either way, you can get one.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Talk to Lee at GMW

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
        Talk to Lee at GMW
        Yep, GMW can build you one. Here's my neckthru that Lee built for me. Dan Lawrence did the graphic.

Comment

damn cool stuff there.

Comment

I still think the concept of that sub camo is cool. I remember Newc explained it how it worked. something about the light spectrum....orange being the opposite of blue, so under the water, the orange blended in with the blue and the black & white spots looked like a school of fish or something from the air. pretty clever. I cant remember..... was it the Russians or Germans who used this orange camo?? was it during WWII ???

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
              Yep, GMW can build you one. Here's my neckthru that Lee built for me. Dan Lawrence did the graphic.

Johnny,

How long was the build time from order to delivery?

Comment

Also keep in mind I don't believe GMW will do the banana headstock shape if that's important to you. Their headstock shape looks cool in this finish though.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Also keep in mind I don't believe GMW will do the banana headstock shape if that's important to you. Their headstock shape looks cool in this finish though.
                  Goddamnit Almost NO one does freakin' banana headstocks. Either gotta import ESP's from Japan or custom builds from Yugoslavia or where ever. Friggin' Gibson jack-offs!

Comment

Used to be a guy on ebay doing them.
                    Here is one of his necks and body.

Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Looks like a giant surf-green dildo.
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        Looks like a giant surf-green dildo.
                        My GF has one like that.

Comment

Ha!
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by memberzonly View Post
                            Johnny,

How long was the build time from order to delivery?
                            I placed the order at the end of Dec. '09 and the guitar was finished in June '10. So it took less than 6 months for Lee to build this one. But keep in mind, this is a neck through build with a 3 piece maple neck with ebony and pearl inlays, which added a little time to build. If it were a standard strat size body with a bolt on maple neck it would have gone through quicker as Lee tends to runs bodies and necks in batches and usually has a few on hand at any one time (unless you order an exotic wood or specify an special neck profile or something).
                            Last edited by Johnnyryche; 02-26-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              You are correct, GMW doesn't build necks with banana headstocks anymore, only their Traditional and Millennium heads. Not sure why this would matter for Lynch sub camo build though since Lynch's sub had a reverse pointy head. But I have to agree with you that this graphic looks awesome on the GMW Millennium headstock. Dan did an amazing job with tying in the graphic on the back of the head and back of the neck. It could be one of my favorite graphics that Dan has done.

Comment

Working...
                              X