No announcement yet.

Anyone Know in what San Dimas serial# range we started to see less Strat Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Charvel strathead neck I ordered from Musician's Friend in the 80's... Probably '88 or so.

Comment

I had gotten a Jackson guitar catalog in 1986. It had a full price list and everything including the Jackson wood burn necks. I think in 86 the list was $199 for one.
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

jamie I agree, just around serial number 2000 things went pointy.
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I had a pink and black bullseye Charvel with serial number 1762 that was a pointy. Pointies hit the seen in 1983 in the 1700 serial number range.

According to the Charvel Hall of Fame Gallery on Tracy's site ( Usacharvels.com) you will see that after number 1750, the MAJORITY of Charvels were factory equipped pointy headstocks. These are the early pointy headstocks with painted faces and the scarf joint directly behind the nut. These necks are VERY SLIGHTLY different in feel
          then the later pointies that sported capped headstocks and the scarf joint lower.

I prefer the early pointies in feel, although its not a lot of difference

.The USA Jackson pointies (bolt-on's circa '86-'88) are basically identical necks to the second design of the Charvel pointies.
          Last edited by jacksonluvr; 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM.
          John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
            I prefer the early pointies in feel, although its not a lot of difference

.The USA Jackson pointies (bolt-on's circa '86-'88) are basically identical necks to the second design of the Charvel pointies.
            Yep. But, I prefer that second design. To me that's the profile I fell in love with.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Yep. But, I prefer that second design. To me that's the profile I fell in love with.
              ME TOO, plus the first scarf placement sucked, if it had a locking nut w thru neck bolts. There arent that many ive seen that dont have at least some sort of stress crack in that area w an early floyd nut.

Comment

I went to look for this old thread I started and found I agree. Ive taken a liking to maple board Jackson pointies and Charvel Logoed Maple Board pointies from this era. One of my favorite guitars is a Hardtail Strat or ( Non-Tremolo ) , Charvel Logo pointy with h/s/s pickup routing. The only thing I dont like is 3 toggles.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Comment

Working...
                X