Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backwards asking, but did I get a decent/good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards asking, but did I get a decent/good deal?

Hey guys,
    I just pulled the trigger on a US slime green charvel for $760 shipped. Seemed like it was in very good condition, but no case or bag. It was from Guitar Center, surprisingly they didn't want to wheel and deal at *all*...go figure. They did throw in 2 packs of strings...

Is this a good deal? I'm thinking it's more of a fair/normal deal, I guess? I should have asked before I bought it, but oh well.. I think I looked online and it retailed for around 8?

I think its an ok price if its in good shape. Bummer about no case or bag but what can you do. I think you will like it so much that a few bucks wont really matter. I wish the style 1 came with the dimarzios as I prefer them but im gonna fix that on mine soon. Im kinda leery about guitar center stuff usually but hopefully you get a good one.

Comment

Well, supposedly I can return it for free(free shipping) so if it's a total dog, I'll just be out shipping one way. Condition wise, it looked pretty good. Yah, I figure get what I like and pay a bit more than just get what's cheapest...I hope it works out.

Comment

I got one of these recently for £530 pounds with a gator case from ebay! Its the best guitar i've owned by far. Enjoy!

Comment

I got my Slimey with a TSA flight case for $875 second hand, but not used, still had all the plastic covering the P/U's and whatnot. Guy bought it and stored it, never played it. I guarantee that it won't be a total dog, it's now my #1, unless someone just outright thrashed it. $760 shipped doesn't sound bad...enjoy it!!!
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

At the end of their year you could get floor models etc. new for around $700 lowest. But now the lowest I can find for a USA seems to be around $720, so yeah I would say that is a reasonable deal if its in ok nick. The Charvel/Fender soft case they came with was never up to much anyway.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys, good to know I didn't get ripped off! Would anyone know what shaped/chainsaw cases can hold this guitar? Will a regular strat/fender hardshell work? Will those charvel shaped cases work?

Comment

Working...
              X