Got my charvel back from the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my charvel back from the shop

Hey guys. Just picked my charvel up from my tech. We had a hell of a time with Floyd. Even after a setup, it would go out of tune and bridge pulled up when tuning to standard pitch. We noticed that the Floyd kept going out of tune. The more we adjusted it the better it got... We thought maybe the posts had some rough spots it was getting caught up. We eventually got it to stabilize, and I will see if it's stayed that way when I get home from work. Anyone have any advice or run into similar issues?

A little bit of chapstick or nut sauce on the knife edges will help with binding issues. If your tech couldn't figure out how to level the trem while tuning it to standard pitch, you need to look for a better tech!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh I should have been more clear. He knew how to do it and did a great job, he had just never seen that issue before. He did a fret level on it and did a killer job. So can I apply some Chapstick with toothpick when I get home?

Comment

Try replacing the trem springs. If that doesn't work, see if the trem is rubbing against the wood anywhere in the trem cavity when you dive down/pull up.

And +1, sounds like you tech doesn't have much experience with setting up a Floyd. Try finding a new tech.

Comment

yeah, you don't need tons of it on there, just a little bit to keep things slippery. Try and track down a syrette of Nut Sauce. Way eaier to apply and the viscosity is a little bit better.

http://www.bigbends.com/nutsauce/ago...%20Sauce&xm=on
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks Hellbat, I`ll be trying that nutsauce...

One thing I`ve noticed in my humid part of the world is that my recessed floyd (Wildcard #5) does`nt travel well. To pick it up from the tech is to borrow a car with air con on full blast and get it home ASAP. Taking it to another climate (different part of the country) creates `tuning issues`, after a few hours of playing around and tuning up it will eventually sort itself out and stay in tune but then bringing it back to it`s original climate... same thing!
            When I get it back from the tech it plays unreal till the first string change, then not so great etc
            I would`nt put it in a car and take it to a gig... No way!

My on the deck floyd (So-Cal) is alot more reliable, travels better and likes the string changes better, it seems.

I`m starting to come around to some of ginsambos` way of thinking with this hardtail thing *hangs head in shame*... I do like that whammy bar though

Comment

Gotta tell ya guys.. After playing the charvel for a while... It's not really doing much for me.

Comment

It used to annoy the shit out of me but now I just gotta LOL when someone starts a topic about a tech subject on a forum and asks something like...

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
                Anyone have any advice or run into similar issues?
                Then there are some replies and the OP comes back with...

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
                Gotta tell ya guys.. After playing the charvel for a while... It's not really doing much for me.
                Dude, that`s something you have to sort out on your own!

Comment

Working...
                X