Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any of you guys used to own this charvel style 2 promod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played that guitar. My friend owns the store. A little showy, but plays alright.

Comment

DAMN!! I gotta check the MGR website more often. I would LOVE to have one of those.. LOVE the shape.. the only thing that sucks about the Tele body is the crappy twangy shallow tone the original teles were made famous for. Once you get around that stereotype and realize this ain't a fuckin tele.. they are HOT HOT HOT!!!!
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Tonewise the JB and '59 in my Black Style 2 sounds better than the Strats. Its more comfy too. I use it less often though...I'II wear the strats out first. IMO the Strats are brighter sounding than the Style 2, and them JB's can have a lot of high end ring, especially in bolt on maple/Alder guitars.
        Last edited by ginsambo; 06-04-2012, 03:10 AM.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Yeah - I'd agree that the Strat shape has a brighter tone. I've had three Style 2's, and they were awesome guitars.

Comment

I actually don't mind the tele shape, just black guitars do not work for me and I don't like Stratheads on Teles, pointies yes but stratheads no. Think I will rip its neck out and put it on a white pro mod body, as if I'II ever find a white USA for peanuts, and put a Jackson neck on it...maybe....if I can bring myself to do it...

...no, it probably won't happen.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I'll be interested to hear your review, as I played that guitar a month ago @ MGR in Burnsville. I live in Eagan so it was a 5 minute drive. Please let us know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                DAMN!! I gotta check the MGR website more often. I would LOVE to have one of those.. LOVE the shape.. the only thing that sucks about the Tele body is the crappy twangy shallow tone the original teles were made famous for. Once you get around that stereotype and realize this ain't a fuckin tele.. they are HOT HOT HOT!!!!
                I think the tele= thin thing can be a misconception too. I played a '52 reissue and it was no thin, all balls. Maybe it was that particular one, but I got the tele GAS hard.

To me I think the 3 bridge saddles would piss me off most
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                X