USA Pro Mod Market....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Pro Mod Market....

Is this an indication of an increased market value for used San Dimas Style 1 USA Pro-mods? I hope not, since I want one but don't want to fork out that much...

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Charvel 2009 San Dimas USA Model Taxi Cab Yellow Discontinued Model at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Funny when I emailed this to myself it shows the buy it now - looks like the seller will do well on this

Comment

I think the price has to do with the color.
      The going rate seems to be $1,000 (at least for me) for a hard to find color that is in mint shape. I saw that one but was unsure of the condition.
      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Man, if this ugly yellow one is that expensive, my candy blue one will sell for even more!!

These guitars are not being made anymore = worth more and more, I would think.
        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Seems to me that the "preferred" color choices (in no particular order), were the Polar White edition with chrome hardware and the zebras, Seasick Green, Slime Green, Candy Blue, Candy Red. The Trans Magenta, Black, Tangerine (Rosewood) and Yellow were not as popular...at least until now. I know they don't make them anymore, but there seemed to have been a window where the USA's were selling consistantly in the $600-$800 range used after they stopped production. I guess I was looking for confirmation or maybe consensus that they were actually appreciating, and maybe now's the time to get one. ( I currently have: Trans Kandy Gold USA, Japanese Tangerine Hardtail, Sand Dimas Style 2 USA & So Cal USA - Just wanted to round things out with a San Dimas Style 1 USA)

Comment

I would like a taxi cab yellow San Dimas just because I think it would look good with my kandy plum (purple) SoCal and slime green San Dimas. Someone here posted a picture of their taxi cab SD with their SD slime green and they looked good together. Probably not a good reason but ...

Comment

I'd imagine the Candy Plum SoCal would go for the most, simply because I have not seen one for sale for a long time.

The 80s colors are always popular, like the Taxi yellow, white, and Slime green.

Of the 3 Candy Tangerine SoCals I've owned, I paid $700-$800 for them, and sold them for the same, so they hold their value pretty well.

Ebay is full of over-priced Candy Blue SoCals, and the Completed Listings don't show anything better.
              Last edited by Newc; 06-06-2012, 11:55 PM.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had my eye on that, the price? Its because its yellow. Many other USA's are less desirable.
                You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

They will go up value? Only time will tell how much and any dealers that still have NOS know what they have. Most are asking $1100.00 and will not deal. Those on Ebay in mint unplayed condition are far and few between and when those arrive what condition will they really be in? The fingerboard at the very least will show use. Let's be honest, it's not like you can run down to the corner music store and find a minty made in the USA Charvel. The USA Pro Mods were very limited in their production numbers. I think it was 150 of each color for the USA and 150 for the rest of the planet. Even the black ones were fairly limited. I think supply and demand will dictate the appreciation if any and if these production numbers are correct these guitar in minty condition will become increasingly hard to come by.
                  Last edited by Predator1; 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

my candy red SD1, paid around $5-600 sold it for the same, and its NEAR MINT except for a small finish crack around the pocket from truss rod adjustments. honestly i dont think they are worth much more than that. The older pointy reissues can be had for $700-900 and IMHO are much nicer guitars. yeah yeah opinions are like assholes....

Comment

I have several of the USA pointy reissues and I agree that they are awsome guitars and if you can do without the strat headstock they are a much better value. However, the pointy reissues have also become much more scarce on ebay and the used market. The pointies were done in the CS in small batches much like the Jackson select series so there numbers are small also. I know this because I asked while at the CS picking up a guitar. In the end a guitar is worth what ever somone is willing to pay at the moment. I buy guitars as a hobbie not an investment and as such they come and go, some I lose money on others I make a little but it's all good.

Comment

I think it's pretty much in the bank that a USA made Charvel will increase in value, especially if it's not being made anymore (except for CS orders). Maybe not in 2 -5 years, but I would bet that in 2020, you will all kick yourselves for not buying a USA San Dimas Pro Mod for under $1000!
                        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                        '98 PRS Custom 22
                        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I paid a grand for a NOS black SD1 recently. I felt okay about it, they were asking more for it.....

Comment

I paid $1000 for my candy tangerine SoCal new, the day the promod line was originally released. Would I pay that now? No way, although Id love to get a Seasick Green SD1!
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by G333 View Post
                              Funny when I emailed this to myself it shows the buy it now - looks like the seller will do well on this

Sold for $1,102. Looks like the BIN was a bargain.

Comment

Working...
                              X