X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD / Stay Tuned

Out for delivery!

Tuned in.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

....impatiently waiting.

Comment

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well it has arrived and it is going right back! I was told it had zero shop wear and was in pristine condition. Not!! It has arrived with two 1/2 inch dings that cracked the finish under the clear. It also looks like they used some light sanding to remove soil form the second fret area. I will see if they will knock some coin off because it is very light and resonant I would relly like to keep her. Once again stay tuned!

Comment

What is it?

Didn't you sell the Snow Drift White Charvel recently?

Comment

Its a USA Pro Mod So Cal in Pagen Gold. NOS that has been on layaway but was never paid off. I am awaiting a call to negotiate a discount if possible. I will try to take some pics asap.

Comment

I am currently negotiating a discount for the two dings. It is agreat player and aside from the dings it is mint. The area near the second fret has simply not ambered like the rest of the neck because of the tag that was covering it. None the less mint is mint and two dings are not my idea of mint.

Comment

Update! a tenative deal has been reached. What do you guys think? $825 shipped. I know pics would help but I can't post here at work. It is mint aside form the two small dings on the bottom edge. It looks like they had it hanging and it bumped another guitar right near where the jack would be on a Style 1 San Dimas.

Comment

As has been said before, PICTURES!

I've been putting together a MIJ project, and getting good prices (neck $200, body $150) and I'm still at $500 without bridge (I have my own MIG OFRs), pickups (have plenty)and case.

$825 doesn't sound too bad - is that with a case?

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                      Update! a tenative deal has been reached. What do you guys think? $825 shipped. I know pics would help but I can't post here at work. It is mint aside form the two small dings on the bottom edge. It looks like they had it hanging and it bumped another guitar right near where the jack would be on a Style 1 San Dimas.
                      For a USA model So Cal?

I would do that especially if it's the color you've been wanting.

There are still some nice deals to be had out there but not always the exact color you want.

Comment

Did I say how much I like the Pagen Gold. Most of the pics Iv'e seen online do not do it justice. Pics will be up tomorrow. No case or hang tag, but it did come with the gig bag, sealed candy bag and warranty card. I am bummed about the dings but it is light for a Charvel Pro Mod at 7.6lbs and it is very resonant. These are two qualities I try to look for when buying a guitar. It often is a crap shoot when buying online so I guess I got lucky in that regard. Did I mention that the neck has a great 3d grain pattern. I think I might just keep it. To bad I have zero time to bond with it this weekend. I am working two 14 hr shifts.
                        Last edited by Predator1; 06-09-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I say it's a fair price, unless the dings are so terrible that you will NEVER get over them and enjoy the guitar. If they are not, get yourself some gold touch up paint and wood putty, and have at it!
                          '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                          '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                          '98 PRS Custom 22
                          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

To be honest, for that money I would rather get a brand new MIJ Pro Mod.

In my personal experience, having played several USA and MIJ Pro Mods, I think the MIJ is a better made guitar. Fit and finish is basically the same, although 3 out of the 6 USA I've played had a neck shim, and none of the MIJ.
                            The neck shape, fingerboard edge roll in and fretwork on the MIJ instead is considerably better on the MIJ.

Comment

I have three and no shims. I have yet to adjust the truss on the Pagen Gold So Cal. I am working a 24 hr shift so no pics yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X