No announcement yet.

'05 Reissues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im about to just cave in and buy a pro mod. I am GASing way too hard for a Charvel and nobody wants to sell a pointy reissue like I am looking for lol. I guess that's proof how good these guitars are though!
    Last edited by 80's rocker; 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I guess that's proof how good these guitars are though!
      And how few there are. If you want one, don't be so picky on the specs. the prices are jumping on these too. A few years back I sold one for not much more then the models series sell for.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        In Dan Erlewine's book de-coupling the neck from the body could be a good thing for tone. I guess it all depends on the tone you are after. After all, some people like the Beetles and Some like Maiden.
        That's one of the reasons why I think I want a CS guitar with a front pickguard. My ESP strat resonates quite a bit differently than my Jackson and I don't necessarily like it better, it's just different.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Damn! I've been wanting a red pointy star ever since I saw the '05 reissues... I haven't found one anywhere!

Are these really rare or?
          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

They seem to be. I haven't seen anybody trying to sell their star. I just want a San Dimas style, but a maple board one of those are really hard to find too.

Comment

Oh my gosh this would be so perfect if it had 2h. But having a neck pickup in a superstrat is the only reason I am in the market for one right now anyway!

If anybody else is interested though: http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/msg/3156666127.html

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Pictures?
                Here's a pic of my NAMM Bengal:

Comment

I just got GAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    I just got GAS.
                    Welcome to the club my friend!

Comment

I guess a San Dimas will have to be next on my list...because this go around I ended up buying a Kramer Jersey Star!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        That's one of the reasons why I think I want a CS guitar with a front pickguard. My ESP strat resonates quite a bit differently than my Jackson and I don't necessarily like it better, it's just different.
                        i've noticed that too, the black w/chrome pickguard is my first top routed super strat, its a much different sound than my rear routed super strats. my only other top routed guitar is a schecter strat, but its solid koa and rosewood, with a brass pickguard and hardware so it sounds like nothing else, and doesn't resonate like the black mutt.

Comment

Because of this thread i just bought a '05 san dimas strat h/s/s looks like jakes only with a pointy headstock which i prefer

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                            Because of this thread i just bought a '05 san dimas strat h/s/s looks like jakes only with a pointy headstock which i prefer
                            Your on a shopping spree! Didn't you just get a kelly and dk2m? I'm jealous

What what paintjob did you get on your san dimas?

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                              Your on a shopping spree! Didn't you just get a kelly and dk2m? I'm jealous

What what paintjob did you get on your san dimas?
                              correction 3 DK2m's! yeah the MIJ's are going at such low prices i had to grab me a few DK2ms one is a blue bengal
                              the 05 charvel i got online for $995 with case and shipping it is a sparkle blue.

dont be jealous i got a settlement check from a claim a few years back and went nuts buying charvel/jackson guitars! my collection is getting there,but i want more USA's. all i have is a 81 original,a pro mod san dimas and the 05 pointy which is slowly becoming my main player! I love it! like the one guy on this thread stated they are every bit as good as the originals he was not BS'ing at all!

Comment

How's the blue bengal dk2m? They look really good...

On another note I can't believe the japanese Jackson's are going so cheap! I thought they would go through the roof! I've been browsing and I've seen a ke3 with crimson swirl paintjob for $250! I'm really tempted to buy it, but right now I have some business plans and I've been doing a good job of saving money for it...

All these cheap Jackson's are driving me crazy! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X