No announcement yet.

'05 Reissues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radius is 12 - 16 compound. Thickness was listed as .750" at the 3rd fret, .810" at the 12th fret (same as the DK1, btw) when the pointy specs came out a couple years ago. I have a hard time telling if my pointy has more of a C or D backshape, but it looks like Musikraft's "Thin D" is a match for the thickness specs.
    pulled this from a dg post from 5 years ago,
    You won't find it listed anywhere, there have been some old threads on it though.

Comment

I found a bullseye charvel reissue...

Check it out

It's at $899 right now with zero bids
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
        I found a bullseye charvel reissue...

Check it out

It's at $899 right now with zero bids
        I had posted that guitar a few posts ago in this thread lol. Somebody owned it here before too!

Comment

There were no specs ever given on these, that I'm aware of. Just a small catalog featuring them. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...005_Charvel%2F

From what I remember Brian McDonald (or someone else from Jackson) stating, their neck profile was similar to Dave Mustaine's preferred "speed neck" that was on the KV1 and KV2.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love to get my hands on the jackson white and black on the first page..

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              From what I remember Brian McDonald (or someone else from Jackson) stating, their neck profile was similar to Dave Mustaine's preferred "speed neck" that was on the KV1 and KV2.
              From what I remember, a forum member here brought a guitar to the new Jackson shop at Fender so they could replicate a neck. I don't remember whose neck it was, but it was for the first Charvel Reissues... and those GX Bullseyes were the first batch... now that's from memory, which admittedly is about a subject I don't really care about, so I may be mixing something up.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                pulled this from a dg post from 5 years ago,
                You won't find it listed anywhere, there have been some old threads on it though.[/INDENT]
                thanks
                Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 07-29-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  From what I remember, a forum member here brought a guitar to the new Jackson shop at Fender so they could replicate a neck. I don't remember whose neck it was, but it was for the first Charvel Reissues... and those GX Bullseyes were the first batch... now that's from memory, which admittedly is about a subject I don't really care about, so I may be mixing something up.
                  I don't remember that, but it could be based off of someone's replicated neck. I do remember someone stating the reissues were pretty similar to the speed neck, though.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played a Jackson today at my local Guitar Denter, and it was a $500 version of Adrian Smith's signature. It had one of the best necks I had ever played, and had a great tone. Really really good guitar, I wonder how similar to would be to one of these Charvels. It was the first superstrat I have played that I liked better than my Kramer except for the fact that the middle pickup kinda got in my way picking lol.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      From what I remember, a forum member here brought a guitar to the new Jackson shop at Fender so they could replicate a neck.
                      I'm pretty sure that this was for the Grover Legacy Series.

Comment

I know for sure that Diablomozart took 2 strathead necks to NAMM one year to give to Shannon to use as models for the retro Bullseye strathead guitars. This was just after the 25th anniversary stratheads were released and before they started making stratheads available for custom orders. It came up pretty often in threads where people claimed the profile wasn't accurate. As for the pointies, ~K~ would be the authority on what they did for the GX Bullseye run. IIRC, there was a pdf on the Charvel site back in '05 that had specs for the reissues, but I can't remember if they gave the 3rd & 12th thickness specs in that. I'm kicking myself for not saving the file.

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                          I think your are right? also tommy coletti at TMZ used his prepro star neck for the nitro relic series

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            I know for sure that Diablomozart took 2 strathead necks to NAMM one year to give to Shannon to use as models for the retro Bullseye strathead guitars. This was just after the 25th anniversary stratheads were released and before they started making stratheads available for custom orders. It came up pretty often in threads where people claimed the profile wasn't accurate. As for the pointies, ~K~ would be the authority on what they did for the GX Bullseye run. IIRC, there was a pdf on the Charvel site back in '05 that had specs for the reissues, but I can't remember if they gave the 3rd & 12th thickness specs in that. I'm kicking myself for not saving the file.
                            Yeah, I was gonna say Diablomozart, but wasn't 100% sure. You are absolutely correct. That's because they lost the pattern or some crap.

I'll tell you what, the Pro-Mod necks are nice, but nothing like an 80's Jackson neck. My 89 Strathead has true CJ profile. The Pro-Mods I played yesterday felt nothing like it.

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                            No. It was for the first reissues before they were called reissues... the Bullseye guitar mentioned. The cast black/gold neck plates that resemble the old Charvel neck plates were made by a fan. Fender liked them so I think they bought some. Once those ran out, they made some more that were a little different, after those ran out, they put the cheaper flat steel plates instead of the retro cast ones.
                            Last edited by xenophobe; 07-30-2012, 04:52 PM.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X