Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brass big block for charvels pro mods floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass big block for charvels pro mods floyd?

I have two USA pro mods(so cal and san dimas) and wanted to ask if i can get away with using the larger 42mm block without it rubbing the trem cavity cover?
    Stock these floyds have a 37mm but i wanted to go even bigger if i can to increase the mass of metal overall?

If you leave the trem cover off like I do, then you might be able to get away with it.

I could see it compromising some degree of trem travel though so why not stick to the 37mm size.

It alone is a HUGE upgrade over the pot metal block and will give you no headaches of any kind.

www.floydupgrades.com

Comment

I stuffed a 42mm in my San Dimas with the cover on.

Comment

I was going to say...Aren't the USA's top mounted? A 42mm block should work fine
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Not meaning to side track the original question but....
          I ordered a 37mm big block to intall in a Charvel San Dimas (batch series) but when I pulled the trem, it was marked as a 40mm. I compared it to the 37 and it was almost 1/8" (3mm) longer. Does anyone make a 40mm big block? If so, it may be a compromise between the 37 & 42.
          I thought it was odd that it did not have a 37mm stock block but I did buy it used so anything is possible.
          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

I had a 42 mm big brass block, and it blocked pullups on the floyd and hit the bottom of the trem cavity. I actually felt sustain was worse- go figure???

Comment

on the cross swords that I owned, the 37 was to short and the 42 was two big.

Comment

I built mine from parts so I'm not sure what the original block might have been. I used an OFR I had, but swapped out the 32mm block it had with a 42mm big block.

Since these came with Korean FR's, maybe those had a 40mm block. But standard OFR blocks are 32, 37 and 42mm.

Comment

I hate trem covers, just leave it off and use the block and enjoy. Nothing bad will happen.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    I hate trem covers, just leave it off and use the block and enjoy. Nothing bad will happen.
                    Unless you play naked and get your schlong stuck in the cavity right at the same time you're pulling up on the bar.

Something bad *might* happen then. Just saying. Be careful out there!

Comment

If that's the case, you deserve it.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                        Unless you play naked and get your schlong stuck in the cavity right at the same time you're pulling up on the bar.

Something bad *might* happen then. Just saying. Be careful out there!
                        Hahaha ouch.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Hahaha ouch.
                          This is exactly how I lost at Guitarmegeddon '97.

Then I was banned for life.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It would definitely put a damper on the pud-tapping version of Eruption.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              It would definitely put a damper on the pud-tapping version of Eruption.
                              I had to my brother. I'm permantly disfigured from countless hours of honing that technique. The main problem was keeping engorged without visual, or physical stimuli..and in agony. Michael Batio covered all the shock and awe tricks. I wanted something to impress him. He was one of the judges and he gave me a perfect 10 score. That says somethin'...

He should remember me. But now everyone is doing it on Youtube. That's just old hat these days...sigh.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X