No announcement yet.

Guthrie Switches To Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is true. I enetually took off the sock while praticing playing piano music on bass. Sitting on the couch while watch The flinstones..refining how to mute the open strings with my hands. Something that is mandatory when cranked on a stage.

But I'll give this a pass to Mike Batio..because well..because..he's fucked up!!

He should be on the G3 tour. He never really wrote anything in a band context I cared for. His solos stuff is cool..like "No Boundries". But nothing that memorable. This is something that imppecable skills and technique is greater than creating music to really sink your teeth into. I'd like to see Batio live just because ..he's so entertaining..and like his take of covers. Besides he's a legend in the shred family..he taught Vai with that heart guitar his had with DLR.

But I'd much rather have Steve Stevens on G3. He rules, derserves it and could hang with Satch and Vai any day. From Rebel Yell to Flamenco. His tone is always amazing and he's VERY musical!!

Make a new Steve Stevens Charvel model..people will love it.
    Last edited by horns666; 10-24-2012, 02:48 PM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• He has a Suhr sig I believe. Its pretty badass too.
      Always rated him and love his tone.

Last edited by Mazrim; 10-24-2012, 04:57 PM.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

• That is one SEXY Suhr!!!
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
          It's actually not a hair tie scrunchy. It's this new-fangled fretwrap thingie. http://www.gruvgear.com/fretwraps
          So a scrunchy with velcro then...
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Oy wey! I'm rushing to sell my Suhrs now

Comment

• Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
              That is one SEXY Suhr!!!
              Indeed. Should have gone with an Ebony fretboard and stripper inlays though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rgx View Post
                Oy wey! I'm rushing to sell my Suhrs now

Yeah, I'm not really fond of that one either. lmao
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                  He has a Suhr sig I believe. Its pretty badass too.
                  Always rated him and love his tone.

The "Josie/Wifey" Suhr Modern is way cool, but it is not a Steve Stevens Signature model.
                  Probably Steve will never have another signature guitar after his Hamer and Washburn experiences. He has stated this to me personally. He is happy to be supplied with guitars to his specs as with the Suhr's, but he is happy enough playing whatever he likes. He endorses some stock model guitars like his Godin's , ect.
                  But don't look for a SS signature model of any manufacturer anytime soon.
                  Steve has stated that he is happy using guitars that the manufacturers contribute money to charity, but no more Signature models, trust me on this one!!
                  Atomic Playboy
                  http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
                  http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
                  http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
                  http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    This is true. I enetually took off the sock while praticing playing piano music on bass. Sitting on the couch while watch The flinstones..refining how to mute the open strings with my hands. Something that is mandatory when cranked on a stage.

But I'll give this a pass to Mike Batio..because well..because..he's fucked up!!

He should be on the G3 tour. He never really wrote anything in a band context I cared for. His solos stuff is cool..like "No Boundries". But nothing that memorable. This is something that imppecable skills and technique is greater than creating music to really sink your teeth into. I'd like to see Batio live just because ..he's so entertaining..and like his take of covers. Besides he's a legend in the shred family..he taught Vai with that heart guitar his had with DLR.

But I'd much rather have Steve Stevens on G3. He rules, derserves it and could hang with Satch and Vai any day. From Rebel Yell to Flamenco. His tone is always amazing and he's VERY musical!!

Make a new Steve Stevens Charvel model..people will love it.
                    horns agree that would be cool, but a signature SS Charvel won't be happening sorry to say. Steve is a great player and he makes any guitar rock but that will never happen..
                    Atomic Playboy
                    http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
                    http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
                    http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
                    http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

• Hehe..I KNEW you would agree Emerald!! I mean that Stve Stevens never lost an once of fire thru the years. In Fact, like peers Uli, Gilbert, Yngwie, and the late Gary Moore (yeeesshhhh bless him) ..he refined his craft. He would be my first pick to see Satch and Vai..Steve Stevens would fit right into that jam.

That sexy Shur ( DON'T LIKE THEIR HEADSTOCKS) is nice...but I think a pick of Ron Jeremy (PONTUS 2012) would rule supreme. Because guitar rock..is cock rock!! Many lady shredders out there want ..ummm...Ron Jeremy too! Most would say "ewww he's gross"..but he charms the tits off 'em. Just like Steve Stevens tried to do to my wife. Thankfully my wife doesn't have ...boobs. Well, they're tiny. Steve had that washurn right in her face..trying the goods. He didn't know she hears noodlin' CONTRANTLY..from my noodle. I love him!!

All my kid's friends say my wife is a MILF. ALL OF THEM!!! .....fuck you!

BTW in hindsight. I don't think anyone with taste or ears wouldn't pick Gary Moore for a G3 tour. What a back catalog of music..and rock and blues jams that would eat Joe and Steve on their best day!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Yeah, the headstock sucks big time IMO, but the rest looks YUMMY!
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• Oh well, I always see that guitar advertised as a Steve Stevens guitar but fair enough. It's not that important.
                          It's a great looking guitar and I love Suhr headstocks. They suit the flow of the guitar perfectly.
                          I always liked the Kramer beaks too.

That guitar is pretty unique for Suhr because it's a carve top set neck. They didn't offer it beforehand.

Comment

• Friedman is coming out with a new Steve Stevens head and cab.

Originally posted by Emerald View Post
                            The "Josie/Wifey" Suhr Modern is way cool, but it is not a Steve Stevens Signature model.
                            Probably Steve will never have another signature guitar after his Hamer and Washburn experiences. He has stated this to me personally. He is happy to be supplied with guitars to his specs as with the Suhr's, but he is happy enough playing whatever he likes. He endorses some stock model guitars like his Godin's , ect.
                            But don't look for a SS signature model of any manufacturer anytime soon.
                            Steve has stated that he is happy using guitars that the manufacturers contribute money to charity, but no more Signature models, trust me on this one!!
                            Atomic Playboy
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

• Is Govan the guy who plays for Pink when she tours?
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

• Originally posted by Larz View Post
                                Is Govan the guy who plays for Pink when she tours?
                                I believe that is Justin Derrico.
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X