NGD, sorta.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD, sorta.....

Never posted pics of this one before, but I got it this year and it's not one you see everyday: Charvel Limited Edition '91 Strathead. Only 75 of these were ever built, mainly for the European market, I guess 'cause of the Strathead shape. Ash body, Jackson pups with Mid Boost, Schaller Floyd and one of the most perfect necks ever, super-smooth and a neck profile that is slightly different than early models.

If anyone has any additional info that I don't, don't be shy and share it. And if I have got it wrong, it won't hurt my feelings. Without further adieu.....

Wow. Grats! That is one insanely rare Euro-market strathead! I've always wanted one of those, or one of the koa SD Reissues with the Strathead and a Floyd.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The rosewood 'board on there is just perfect. IMO nothing else would work quite as well on there. Ebony would be too dark. Maple would be too light. Loving the simpleness of the dot inlays as well. Overall, a classy guitar that's a work of art. Congrats.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

That's sweet dude. Never seen one before.

Comment

Thanks guys! I feel extremely lucky to own this one. It's more rare than hen's teeth. And if you're from the South, you know how rare that is! The pickups in that guitar are awesome. Do you think it's a J50, J80 or J90? I haven't ever pulled them, but it makes me think J90 because of that era. Anyway, they sound great, especially clean with chorus and delay added.

Comment

question: why is this different? http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/...4487.html#foto

Comment

thats sweet, burst is that Ash? the other has 12fret dots not the block.

Comment

Yep, ash body. The grain is outstanding, as nice as any Tom Anderson I've ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                X