Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTM is now my favorite Duncan humbucker. Or maybe any brand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTM is now my favorite Duncan humbucker. Or maybe any brand!

Has anyone had one of these? I just purchased a Flame On Charvel Limited Edition that has one instead of a JB. He took the pup out of a DeMartini Blood and Skull model and dropped it in. So I thought it would be a pretty good upgrade from a new JB, but damn, I didn't expect it to sound this good! I realize that Warren played JB's in all of his guitars back-in-the-day, but I don't think the current model sounds like the 80's version. The RTM is supposed to be a JB-on-steroids, but I think it's much more. First off, the e.q. curve is much different. The bottom end is much tighter. The mids aren't too pronounced and best of all, that shitty top-end that the JB is not present. It's much more smoothed out and toned down, in comparison. It has plenty of gain and saturation, but not too much. Harmonics all over the place. The combo of Alder body and one-piece maple neck works great with this pup, btw.

If you like the JB, but are frustrated by some of the tone, the RTM is the answer. If you never liked the JB, I think this could interest you. Not a paid spokesman, just a Charvel nut who loves pickups that rock. This one does, no doubt!

you never go RTM
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Sometimes it's okay to go RTM.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Remember the milk?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Resuscitate the monkey?

I could live life never playing another Duncan pickup. Ever.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Resuscitate the monkey?

I could live life never playing another Duncan pickup. Ever.
            Yeah, I really felt that way before I got this guitar. Almost every pickup sounds the same, but with different marketing emphasis. Most are unusable to me. I did like this one, however. Just thought some folks would like to know about it.

Comment

I've been preaching about the RTM since I bought my WD Charvel years ago. Since then I've bought several more RTMs and put them in other alder bodied strats and dinkies. That pickup sounds killer and really brings a guitar to life. If you haven't tried one, even if you are an EMG, Dimarzio or other fan, it is definitely worth a try.

Comment

Working...
              X