Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Long Lost ,1985 Charvel. Does anyone on here have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Long Lost ,1985 Charvel. Does anyone on here have it?

The guitar was purchased by me ,brand new at Sam Ash ,Hempstead NY ,in Jan 86' It was on the top shelf and as soon as I saw it , I knew I had found "the one" . I paid $900 for the guitar .I have never seen another one like it . It was a Strat body ,but a flat top ,Bound around the body ,and up the neck,but not the Headstock.Looking at the only photo I have of it now, I am wondering if it was made of Mahogony ,with a maple top? It had Dimarzio's ,and a Kahler Deluxe Gold tremelo. I believe the fretboard was Ebony ,although ,I never even thought about it back then. It had gold hardware,and a gold Charvel logo ,and was definitely a USA guitar as it had a made in San Dimas plate on the back .Has anyone ever seen one like this . And if you own this , I will buy it back from you if you would sell it !!!! I only sold it due to extreme financial hardship in 92' http://www.overclock.net/t/1329146/my-long-lost-guitar

OCN. God, I hate the new board format so much.

Good luck finding your guitar!
    Last edited by xenophobe; 11-20-2012, 06:12 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Never seen a Charvel with sharkies. I think it's a Jackson.

Comment

There are a few of them out there with sharks, but that's pretty rare. Strange to have neck binding, but not on the headstock, too. Usually, it's both or neither on a pointy head.

Comment

Agreed there are a few out there. People tend to forget that even though they were production guitars they were essentially custom shop one offs so anything is possible.
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

That's in of them needle in the haystack guitars if you can find it. Too bad you don't have a serial number.

Comment

Working...
            X