Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After

I haven't seen any cool newer Charvels around this place for a long time so I thought I would share a couple of my latest projects. I got this idea from another Charvel that TMZ had and JCF member bought. I just thought it was a really cool guitar.

Before:

After:

This is one I got from Matt a while back. I just put different pickups and neck on it. A little older school vibe to this one. Awesome guitar!

"You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

both very cool. That first is a Learn graphic? I like it. A lot

bit surprised you took that sweet graphic & turned it into a plain green
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Mike Learn is beyond this world talented. I wish I had a quarter of his talent. I'm just not into the skulls, snakes, blood and fire graphics. I like the bullseyes, hot wheels flames and bengal 80's type graphics. It was either do this or go the custom shop route.

The green is actually a lime metallic green. Much nicer in person than my crap pictures show.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

don't get me wrong - the green is awesome. I'm not much for skulls and such either, but I like the western-y snake skeleton/cow skull thing that one had going on. Much cooler than the typical "scary" graveyard/conan/pile of skulls type graphic.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I like the green better. More of an 80's vibe

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            bit surprised you took that sweet graphic & turned it into a plain green
            WTF! Is that true?

Major fail. Should have just grabbed another body on ebay and painted that. I got one for $150.

Comment

LOL Don you kill me!
              You did see the before pic right!
              Green is way better than that hog head skull.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I agree, the green is a major improvement.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  LOL Don you kill me!
                  You did see the before pic right!
                  Green is way better than that hog head skull.
                  I thought it was a steer?

Comment

Not sure what the skull is but it looks out of place on top of whatever it is over top of.
                    Green looks much better.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      on top of whatever it is over top of.
                      Snake skeleton, looks like.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Snake skeleton, looks like.
                        yep

I liked it
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

After seeing all the praise about Mike Learn on here, and hearing how his work is supposed to increase the value of a guitar, it just doesn't make sense to me to paint a plain color over one of his graphics. If what has been said about Mike Learn is true then why not sell the one with the graphic to someone that actually likes it and get one still in stock paint or in need of a refinish? I know it's a bit late now but the mentality behind this refinish baffles me.
                          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Mike Learn is truly amazing, but that graphic reminds me of a hideously cheesy bootleg Pantera t-shirt print. Despite that, seems a shame to paint over it.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                              After seeing all the praise about Mike Learn on here, and hearing how his work is supposed to increase the value of a guitar, it just doesn't make sense to me to paint a plain color over one of his graphics. If what has been said about Mike Learn is true then why not sell the one with the graphic to someone that actually likes it and get one still in stock paint or in need of a refinish? I know it's a bit late now but the mentality behind this refinish baffles me.
                              Here's the logic: I love Charvel guitars. Especially the quality of the custom shop stuff. As we know, it's very expensive to order a CS and it takes forever and a day to get one. I found several NOS cs that I got realtively cheap for the purpose of refinishing them. Although I have much respect for Mike and his talent, not all of his creations are my taste. As a matter of fact, I even called Mike to tell him my plan before I did it because I didn't want to disrespect him or his work.

He was extremely cool about it. He actually laughed and told me that he basically paints what he's told to paint when it comes to the Charvel guitars. Anyway, there are several guitars that I've seen over the years that I would like to have and this is the best way to get them done quickly and much less expensive while still having an original Charvel.

I never said his work would increase the value of a guitar. In many cases it increases the "cool" vlaue. But art is a matter of opinion. And as far as that cattle head snake flame thing.............that was done for Wild West guitars. Not really my cup of tea. If it was just the flame, I probably would have left it alone but the cattle skull and snake ..meh.

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X