No announcement yet.

Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes perfect sense to me its your guitar anyway.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think the original graphic looked pretty cool, but the lime green metallic does look great!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a Lightning Sky Kelly that I sold simply because I couldn't see myself playing it in front of other people. It was an awesome guitar and I miss it, but the graphics wasn't me... If there were any (reasonably priced) way I could have simply refinished it, I would have done that.
        Last edited by javert; 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite, but I would've kept the graphic (though I sold that CS Warrior instead of refinishing it). Seems like a waste of money and effort turning it into a plain finish.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-30-2012, 07:43 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It's your guitar dude, so whatever you do with it is coolio. I dig the old school green vibe a lot, and it's not like you did the refin to an original SD. Also, I don't see it as a dis to Mike at all. It was a dealer-commissioned graphic, to be like their store logo anyway.

Love the solar even more. I nearly pulled the trigger on that one when it was at Matt's, myself. Like you, I didn't dig the original PUs. I actually mocked up different versions at the time, and would've done the double cream layout, too! LOL. Thumbs up for that one, it's totally sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Love the solar even more. I nearly pulled the trigger on that one when it was at Matt's, myself. Like you, I didn't dig the original PUs. I actually mocked up different versions at the time, and would've done the double cream layout, too! LOL. Thumbs up for that one, it's totally sweet.
              Yeah, I had a vision for that when I bought it. If you remember, it had a rosewood board. It just didn't look right to me. I pulled the DiMarzio pups out and put in double cream Duncans. Huge improvement.

BTW - No way would I do this with an original SD!
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I love em both. That green is killer. The original graphic is well executed but the design is a little "all that and the kitchen sink".
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

For my next project I'm going to have Mike Learn paint this on a custom shop:
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Mike you will be legendary if you go with a cock dragon.JMO
                    I'm really surprised no one has manned up and done one yet with all the chatter about the CD graphic in the past.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Another BIG thumbs up for the refin to green. Learn graphic or not, that thing was hideous. Not Mike Learn's fault, I think it was ordered like that for a dealer.

Comment

IMO you did good to scrap that bad taste skully thing.
                        The green is way better.
                        Makes my Slime Green and Candy Plum look boring.

Comment

REALLY like the green and gold hardware Not a huge fan of the orginal graphic. Sweet gits dude....
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I don't like the original graphic either. The green finish is a nice improvement.

Did you order a big gold chain to go with that garish hardware?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                              Mike Learn is truly amazing, but that graphic reminds me of a hideously cheesy bootleg Pantera t-shirt print. Despite that, seems a shame to paint over it.
                              ^ this.

But, I'm taking my collectible Fender and having a Gotoh floyd put on it. I know many people would cringe. I don't care. It's mine and I'm doing what I want to it.

I really don't care for either the skulls or the green though. :P
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                                Did you order a big gold chain to go with that garish hardware?
                                Don't be a hater Tim. You know you love it. You just won't admit it in front of your friends.

I guess I could have painted it black with black hardware and black strings.........

Comment

Working...
                                X