No announcement yet.

Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like both. I love my old Charvels, but generally prefer them solid colored or with a see through finish to any of the graphics. (Yeah, that makes me a weirdo in the Charvel world, and I don't care!)

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    But, I'm taking my collectible Fender and having a Gotoh floyd put on it. I know many people would cringe. I don't care. It's mine and I'm doing what I want to it.
    It's yours, do what you will. My only issues on things like this if I own them is about the potential loss in value. OTOH, I'm not a collector and play everything I own pretty hard. I do tend to leave my old baby Charvel at home anymore and take out one of my parts-o-caster-mutts though, so I'm not totally consistent on this.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
      I guess I could have painted it black with black hardware and black strings.........
      Oh, if you did that, you'd totally have my stamp of approval

Originally posted by rstites View Post
      It's yours, do what you will. My only issues on things like this if I own them is about the potential loss in value. OTOH, I'm not a collector and play everything I own pretty hard. I do tend to leave my old baby Charvel at home anymore and take out one of my parts-o-caster-mutts though, so I'm not totally consistent on this.
      Well, I collect, but I only collect guitars that I actually play. And yes, I do have issues with modding guitars, I generally don't do it. However this one is almost amazing enough that I have to risk it. It could very well be #1, but not without a Gotoh. And yeah, I'm fully aware that I might ruin the vibe/tone/mojo of the guitar, but it's a chance I'm willing to risk. And yeah, I'm a bit sad that I'm butchering a limited run of 250, which is quite small for Fender, but I just want to see if that Floyd knocks it out of the ballpark.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I think the original graphic looked pretty cool, but the lime green metallic does look great!
        totally agree.

Comment

Mike Learn is obviously a talented artist but his work is just not well suited for guitars. It's WAY overkill for such a small canvas.
          Guitar art should be 2D, and easily identifiable at far distances.

I say save the 3d graphics for custom bikes and rods.

No disrespect for Mike or his work intended.

EXCELLENT refin back to simplicity. I LOVE the solar flame.
          John 3:16

Comment

[QUOTE=jacksonluvr;1553056]Mike Learn is obviously a talented artist but his work is just not well suited for guitars. It's WAY overkill for such a small canvas.
            Guitar art should be 2D, and easily identifiable at far distances.

+1
            I think most of the Learn stuff is cool. World class talent. But, I agree that big bold graphics make more of an impact in front of an audience.

I do prefer the solid green, but I think an original finish always tells a better story.

The finish on my 84 SD is rough and has seen a lot of abuse, but no way it gets a refin.
            Models
            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
            I dont need furniture.
            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

what neck was on the solar before?
              I love the looks of that one solar is one of my favorite finishes.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

great guitars, I like that maple top
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                X