NGD - San Dimas with P90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - San Dimas with P90s

Greetings to all! Despite having joined last year and lurked heavily, this is my first post, which I suppose is appropriate since I just received my first Charvel today! It's a 2009 custom shop San Dimas - flamed ash top with MOTO binding on a mahogany body, rosewood neck with birdseye maple fretboard, TOM and 2 P90s with volume and 3-way toggle. I wasn't even looking for a new guitar, but I happened to find this one heavily discounted at an online dealer while idly browsing and when I saw the pics I couldn't pass it up.

The craftsmanship is outstanding. I was expecting it to be a fantastic instrument but I was still astounded. The woods are beautiful, and it plays so well and sounds thick and throaty in every position just like P90s should. It's exactly what I'd hoped for in a guitar. I've only had the chance to take a quick phone pic, but I'll be calling in at my brother's house tonight to get some better shots with his DSLR.

And now I'm going to get back to the important business of the day, and play the hell out of my new San Dimas. Consider me a convert!

Looks nice. I dig it.

Comment

She's a beauty!
      I need to get a P90 equipped guitar for rig testing...hmmm.

Comment

wow, that is gorgeous! Congrats on your first. that's a hell of a way to make an entrance
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Interesting. Very odd specs for a Charvel. How is the neck profile (fat ir thin)?

Comment

OH yeah thats a nice one!!
            Very different for sure.Close up pics and a review are needed.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very pretty, congrats!

Comment

Working...
              X