Copperhead blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copperhead blues

So I strolled into Sam Ash Saturday on a break from christmas shopping with the wife and what doI see in the used guitar section? A USA Copperhead Charvel. I've always wanted one, but this is just the wrong time of year for me to get GAS. Besides, I don't know much about the pricing on these used, but $1599 seemed a bit high. They just recently took it n so they aren't real eager to go down on it yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and t'll still be there after the holidays... YEAH RIGHT!!!

I was too dumbfounded to pull out my phone and snap a picture, so I found one online.. The only difference is it has a maple board and a hard tail. I don't have a maple boarded guitar... Solid Justification??

By the way, am I the only one that gets a kick out of the hang tags Sam Ass and GC puts on their used Jacksons and Charvies? This one said "CUSTOM CHARVELL SAN DIMAS" and it was hanging right next to a Jackson DKMG that said "JACKSON SOLOIST" LOL
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

I think that was the price of them new or close to it.(if it's a reissue).

Comment

Sam Ass here in TN called a DXMG a DKMG and wanted $550 for the longest time. Yeah Right!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        I think that was the price of them new or close to it.(if it's a reissue).
        That's what I was thinking. I made a $1000 offer, don't really want to go higher then that, but it fell on deaf ears..

Comment

Did they make the RI's with a hardtail?
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Not that I have ever seen. v trems and floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
              Did they make the RI's with a hardtail?
              No. You had a choice or V-trem or Floyd, as well as H, H/H, H/S/S and, I believe, and H/S pup configurations. You also had the choice or ebony, rosewood or maple boards.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                No. You had a choice or V-trem or Floyd, as well as H, H/H, H/S/S and, I believe, and H/S pup configurations. You also had the choice or ebony, rosewood or maple boards.
                went back for a second look, this time I had them take it down so I could get a closer look and it is indeed a Vtrem.
                Here's the link to the actual guitar. They have it listed as a custom, probably because of the finish.
                http://used.samashmusic.com/item.php?id=14126
                Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that one might be a custom, as I recall the regular production colors being black, white, red and blue. The snakeskin is really cool looking, though!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think they listed the colors. there was also the RGF(which is on the cover). pretty sure the snakeskin was one too. saw a few new in Gils' old GC and have a body from one now.

Comment

I went back and played it yesterd day.. sweet player. I made a cash offer, they countered by knocking $100.00 off the price. Nah, I just think $1500.00 is a lot more than I'm willing to pay for it so, I guess I'll walk away from it...

Comment

Working...
                      X