No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KILLER , 4 strat heads, 1 pointy, reverse headstock?

Comment

Cool, and once you've created all the aircraft themes you wanted, let's start on WWII warships next)

Imagine a Yamato, Akagi, or Shinano axe. Then maybe Bismarck, Yorktown, and King George V.
      Mitch
      AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Nice one! Another great addition to the collection (squadron?)
        And major props to DL

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
          The series as it stands now. Currently working on the next one...a Russian Yak 9.
          Those just look badass together...

Care to share your personal reasons picking the particular planes you did?

Don't get me wrong :P I love your choices, I was just curious what each particular plane meant to you because there are a whole lot of great WWII aircraft out there and I'd have a hard time nailing down what I would want to get... hell, I'd have a hard time picking a plane, warship or tanks even... anyway, grats!

This is hands down the best themed collection I've EVER seen...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

All of them look killer! I especially like the Jackson on the far right.
            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Care to share your personal reasons picking the particular planes you did?

Don't get me wrong :P I love your choices, I was just curious what each particular plane meant to you because there are a whole lot of great WWII aircraft out there and I'd have a hard time nailing down what I would want to get... hell, I'd have a hard time picking a plane, warship or tanks even... anyway, grats!

This is hands down the best themed collection I've EVER seen...
              Thanks man! I'm glad other can appreciate them like i do. The first one...the 22 fret Soloist/neck thru Strat on the right was done for me by Dan Lawrence in 2000 when he was still working out of the GMW shop on contract. It was very expensive, almost prohibitively so... In the mid-2000's when the re-issue strats & pro-mods started appearing, It just made it a lot easier to get an great quality 'base' guitar at an 'affordable' starting point.

As for the planes & graphics I chose. The 5 so far were the 'obvious' ones for me....being seared into my mind since I was a kid. Other factors were/are color schemes and just the overall visual appeal.

You're right, there are SO many to choose from! I've got at least 3 or 4 more that I really want to do. After that, we'll see.
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

These look fantastic! Well done!

Steve
                Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

As for the planes & graphics I chose. The 5 so far were the 'obvious' ones for me....being seared into my mind since I was a kid. Other factors were/are color schemes and just the overall visual appeal.

You're right, there are SO many to choose from! I've got at least 3 or 4 more that I really want to do. After that, we'll see.
                  Ah, yeah, I gotcha. That's basically how I would have picked them too.

As the other guy said, WWII ships would be great... maybe a Pearl Harbor tribute like the Arizona, or a late war inductee Iowa class... the Hood, Bismark, Yamato, etc... or tanks... Sherman, Tiger, Russian T series, etc...

Grats for getting 5 under one roof though. Totally awesome!
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It took me a while to figure out what this thread was titled but since I found it.....
                    Those are awesome!!!
                    another Bassplayer friend had the same idea but took it way too far........

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

It will come, it's on the drawing board...just haven't arrived at the right layout yet.

Early War vs. Late war...will most likely be late war scheme, silver w/ Invasion stripes.
                      Now you're talking! I've got a couple ideas in mind for a P-51 mustang graphic - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Love how this Hurricane turned out! Dan did a killer job on it. I especially like how he did the panels that run through the center of the body near the pickups. Congrats on another cool camo guitar.

Comment

Dan Lawrence is the MAN!! He Re-finished/Refurbished a Jackson Kelly KE-1T for me.....

Comment

Here's a screen grab of a P-51 Mustang Jackson I did a few years back.

I love the military graphics!!! This was my first attempt at airbrushing anything! it turned out great!

Comment

Might be my favorite Charvel collection out there...
                            Funny you mentioned the Yak, I was just looking at plane photos
                            the other day and came across this one and thought a guitar with this
                            Graphic would look great with your collection

If I may ask.. Whats the typical cost of graphic like the ones you've had done so far... Just ballpark

Comment

Amazing. I like the one on the far left! killer.
                              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I'm in awe every time I see these axes. Well done, great vision!

Comment

Working...
                                X