No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful collection, I myself wonder if it's actually possible to somehow work out a USS Enterprise CV-6
    (I have no bond with war or military except a 'childish' view, but for some reason that ship's legacy still strikes me with awe and actually sadness it wasn't preserved)
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

That's a great looking collection. Just one idea for you, the Flying Tigers. J/K of course, you have awesome taste.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Wonderful collection, I myself wonder if it's actually possible to somehow work out a USS Enterprise CV-6
        (I have no bond with war or military except a 'childish' view, but for some reason that ship's legacy still strikes me with awe and actually sadness it wasn't preserved)
        I'm with ya bro. The most decorated warship in history and it was disassembled while ships with much less historic relevance still exist as museums? I don't get it. I would love to see your idea become a reality.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Zebras and maple syrup, mmm
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Love all of them.Good work.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Awesome collection, love the idea of a whole squadron of warbirds.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                All of them look killer! I especially like the Jackson on the far right.
                Ditto. Those are awesome! I like that you have a theme to your custom paintjobs...those all look great! I too am drawn to the far left one as possibly my fav, but all rock!
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Awesome! They all look nice! Thanks for sharing
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                    I'm with ya bro. The most decorated warship in history and it was disassembled while ships with much less historic relevance still exist as museums? I don't get it. I would love to see your idea become a reality.
                    Well, if I was made of money it would have materialized shortly after I posted my brainfart
                    the fretboard could have markings of the flightdeck, with the inlays being the various aircraft silhouettes carried over its WW2 deployment, with on the headstock the markings continued with the big "6"
                    The main artwork could just as well be a photo if it were needed to present her in her past glory, whereas on the back I would look for artwork of her surviving parts
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Excellent as always.
                      I would love to do something similar, but the canvas you use is just too expensive for me

I can appreciate one's interest in military history. I inherited my mother's WW2 aviation collection of European theatre items. She had her own "man cave" filled with a variety of items. Two cool British items I still own:
                      A beautifully framed reproduction of this Spitfire oil - http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpainti...squadron-40563
                      A gunsight from a Spitfire or Hurricane, with the original wooden box - http://www.warbirdsite.com/museumgunsights.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        This was completed a couple of months ago, the latest in my 'Warbird' series. My concept of a WWII British Hurricane Mk. 1 Fighter circa 1940-1941.

I followed the same process I have with the previous 4 Warbirds. I submitted my layout to Dan Lawrence with notes specifying what I wanted....during the process Dan suggested subtle changes and the project is adjusted accordingly to make it the best it can be.

I can't thank Dan enough, his suggestions always make my ideas better and his skill in execution is obvious!

My initial cut & paste layout.

Here's a test run from Dan...I didn't like the narrow banding of the camo colors on the body...

After consulting with Dan and fine-tuning the camo pattern and also some adjustments to placement of some of the graphic details, he nailed it this time...exactly what I wanted.

The Finished Product is again a testament to Dan Lawrence's talent...I'm just glad he's around to turn my layouts into reality. I couldn't be happier.

The series as it stands now. Currently working on the next one...a Russian Yak 9.
                        Thread resurrection!

Where did you get the colors for the desert camo? What was it based on?

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
                          Thread resurrection!

Where did you get the colors for the desert camo? What was it based on?
                          It's a very long story, and I've been fascinated by this particular pilot's saga since I was around 12 years old. See here for the complete recollection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Marseille
                          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Awesome collection!!!

Comment

pretty sweet nice collection

Comment

The Marseille guitar actually has the dirt smudges from the protruding rivet heads running in the right direction. It's a small detail but it's the little stuff that makes a great paint job.

Comment

Working...
                                X