Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! Well, it hasn't arrived yet... but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Well, it hasn't arrived yet... but...

It ships today, but the seller's pictures are so nice, I can post them here for everyone to hate on! I'm sure there are a lot of opinions about this one. lol

I love it for all the unique and modern features. I love the side jack location, I like the matching headstock, ebony fretboard? Absolute yummy. Red pearl fretboard binding on a strathead? I think it's neat. Red dots? Lower horn cutout? I'm good with that too. I like it because it's an updated representation of a strat. The pickups will be gone, I'm certain I'll be putting in a Dimarzio Super Distortion or Fender DH-1.

Here it is:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Mmmmmmm. Nice one!

I would be tempted to put zebras in it even though it would go against the "everything red" theme.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Zebras would look pretty cool in that... Would look better in the white ones they have.

I had a hard time picking between the two.

Comment

Holy shit! LOVE IT!!! Ferrari red is my favourite colour (apart from black of course).

I actually like the red pickups but if you're going to change them please put in a pair of red/black zebras!
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I like those a lot. The main thing I'd have changed is I'd have gone for a Dinky body...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love it! I almost bought a white one a few years back when they first released these. Traditional Charvel looks for the most part combined with some cool, functional, modern updates.

Comment

I like these (especially the white one, I've had too many red guitars over the years LOL!)
              are these custom shop pieces?
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yeah, I would have ordered a dinky body as well, but I like these specs well enough to own one... the wait time isn't worth just a single change or two, IMO.

These are custom shop pieces. The store has sold a few of these like this. I could call them right now to change to a white one. I've struggled with the decision... I was like 50.5% red, 49.5% white. I did spec a white two hum strat with ebony and matching headstock limited run before and it looks a lot like what I wanted, but the red one is what drew me to it.

Here's the others the seller has... go to the guitar page then click on the link for additional pictures... these things look really nice:
                When you are in Indianapolis for the Indy 500, be sure to stop by Reno's Music, located in Fishers, Indiana. We are proud to offer an extensive selection of Martin Custom Shop guitars, Gibson Montana acoustic guitars, Eastman guitars and mandolins, and Bourgeois hand-made guitars.

Oh, and the bridge isn't a JB, it's a SH-5, so I'll be looking forward to actually trying it.
                Last edited by xenophobe; 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I dig the red one with the red zebra pickups...never saw that one before. FWIW, I think the Duncan Custom is a MUCH better sounding pickup than the JB, which I find to be harsh and ratty sounding in the upper registers. I loved the old JBs that I had back in the day but the newer ones are definitely different.

Edit: Just noticed that it's a hard tail

Comment

Looks great! Congrats. I've been drooling over the Music Zoo naturals for a long time.

I use the SH5 in most of my Jacksons and I love it. Among the bridge pickups, I've also tried the TB4, SH1, SH6, SH8, SH15 and I like the SH5 the most. The TB4 is okay in my old strat, but I don't like it in my neck-thru Jacksons. The SH6 is quite nice too and I use it some of my guitars, but it's not as smooth as the SH5, and the SH1 is not hot enough for me for metal. It's nice for bluesy stuff, though. I've never liked active EMGs.

Comment

Been drooling over that red one for a while. Don't get the white one. Red is so much more unique and cool.

Comment

Stick with the red one! That looks slick with the matching headstock!! Not that the white one is bad..... Either way, they're both awesome! Nice score dude!!

Comment

I stop in Reno's Music (Guitar Hotline) for a look-see once in a while. They've had this model in surf green, too. I believe Makeajazznoisehere bought a couple of these.

Comment

I like the placement of the toggle and also like that it only has a volume and tone knob. Very simple is the best for me.

Comment

Wow. Very unique.Very cool. Congrats
                              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X