NGD - Sea Sick Green Charvel w/ mods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Sea Sick Green Charvel w/ mods!

Just got this beauty a few days ago. One of the previous owners added the chrome hardware and Dimarzio double creme pickups (AT-1 bridge and Breed neck) and rings. It's also wired with a push pull volume that splits the pickups series/parallel, a really cool feature.

When I got it, it had gold screws, and gold fake Floyd posts with smaller bushings that were glued in with rubber cement? It also had a Gotoh Floyd with D-Tuna, which I removed in favor of my 80's Floyd in mint condition. I replaced the posts with chrome Schallers and changed the inserts to the proper sized Floyd ones. I also changed the pickup ring screws back to silver (stainless).

Here she is. I should mention how perfect this guitar plays, super low action, no fret buzz, no fret wear, only a few tiny dings on the super shiny paint - best USA San Dimas I've tried to date!

Last edited by AndyK; 12-18-2013, 10:37 AM.
    '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
    '98 PRS Custom 22
    '10 Les Paul Traditional

man thats a sweet charvel , looke great , congrads , what year is it ? enjoy , see ya , alz / 2013

Comment

Nice!!! Those creme pick-ups and rings go so nicely with the fretboard and the chrome does it great justice as well. Just need to locate the chrome metal switch tip now to make her look complete.
      Last edited by walshula; 11-10-2013, 08:50 AM.
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Thanks, it's an '09, from the 6th batch of USA San Dimas's.
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Awesome bro!! Totally awesome! Is that a super rare color? I've never seen it before.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

It's as rare as all the other one-off batches - I think there are 300 in the world.

You may have seen them when the came out, but they came with black hardware - makes it look like a different color compared to chrome and creme. Here's a shot of one in stock form:

'98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Cool guitar! I saw that one and thought about it. How were you able to get the post inserts out? BTW, I think the AT-1 pickup is a nice one! I'm not a DiMarzio fan but I do like that pup.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

The bushings were smaller than the holes, so it was easy to just screw the post all the way down and use it to back the bushings out.

Yeah, I'm liking the Timmons pickup, its like a better JB.
                '98 PRS Custom 22
                '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

OMG that is one AMAZING looking guitar!!! Very Nice!!!
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

That looks great. Really!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks great. I'd be worried that the rubber cement might have affected the wood around the posts, but it looks like it turned out ok.

Comment

killer - love the color especially in combination with cream pkus
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Nice. I've said since they first came out the seasick green was just begging for double cream treatment.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Love the color I was looking at them when they came out.
                            The creme touch is very nice and a +1 on the chrome hardware.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"it is rare" as they knew the others weren't selling, oh shit, it a different color...ekk better buy it.
                              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                              X