Slime time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slime time!!!

This is a belated NGD, got this last weekend after winning an Ebay auction.

After having bought my Pagan Gold So-Cal and Black San Dimas both used for $700 I felt as though I maybe paid too much having paid more than a new So-Cal went for, but it came with a hardshell case and the price evened out to about the cost of a new guitar and case...but I totally thought my bid was worth it, I have been looking for a Slime So-Cal for A WHILE now and this guitar is MINT...

Then after I won I saw this which made me feel even better about getting it http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/2...Guitar---Used/

I guess these are a really sought after color. When I bought my first So-Cal I decided between Candy Green and Slime and picked the Candy and even though I love my Candy too, I have always been kicking myself for choosing and not just buying both when I easily could have...and now I have both

And here is a family shot of my Charvels

One thing I noticed that is kind of odd about the Slimes is that the Charvel logo is in a slightly different spot than my other 3 Charvels. It's hard to see in the family shot because the sunlight washed out the logo on the Slime in my crappy cell phone shot, but you can see it in the pick with both greens and it is the same on the Slime in the link as well. Any idea why? Maybe cause it was "The Last Batch"?

And getting the Slime had me bit by the Green Guitar Bug again so I got this one Friday

I hadn't bought a guitar in a year and a half because my funds were tied up in something else all last year and this is a leftover 2013 that was on closeout so I said F IT!!! and grabbed it too, know it's not a Charvel but it is green and has a strathead

A Jade Pearl Metallic Fender Strat. This color is kind of deceiving, it doesn't look as green in person as in photos and almost looks gold in person, but I really dig it.
    I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Congrats on the slime So-Cal! And nice group of Charvels you've got there.

Comment

Ahhh all great guitars. Have a slime sd promod. Love the color too! When I see the green on the new outer borough cabs from NYC zipping around I start thinking of more greens....

Guess you you have the green bug pretty bad too.

Comment

Nice! Throwing a strat in the mix is never a bad choice.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Nice Group! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks Guys!!! LOVE the USA Charvels

I want to try the Seymour Duncan Blackout Single coils in the Fender too, not really feeling the Fat 50's but they are a step up from the pickups that used to be in the AM Standards.

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              Guess you you have the green bug pretty bad too.
              YEAH MAN!!!

Would love to turn the black San Dimas into something Green since I have both of the Green So-Cals. I was thinking of maybe a Warmoth Seafoam or Surf Green body and turn it inot another So-Cal or maybe just a refin.

Maybe this, the Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood Caduceus over the green tiles

Over some metal covered pickups since Kickstart My heart was the song that made me want to play guitar and Motley Crue was my first favorite band when I was 12-13. Was thinking maybe getting something on the back too like Kickstart My Heart written in smeared blood over the green tiles kinda like this strap
              Or I would absolutely love to add a Lime Green So-Cal!!!

Comment

Now add a Floyd and a humbucker on that Fender!

Comment

Love the Slime Green SoCal. Had a slime SD but there is something about the black pick guard that makes the green pop. Congrats.
                  No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                    Now add a Floyd and a humbucker on that Fender!
                    Um No...that is what the Charvels are for!!!

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                    Love the Slime Green SoCal. Had a slime SD but there is something about the black pick guard that makes the green pop. Congrats.
                    I totally agree, plus I actually prefer the So-Cals tone wise too, they just have something the SD doesn't. That and the flexibility of being able to change pickup configurations and going H-H, H-S-S, H-S-H by just buying a pickguard. I thought about maybe a white pickguard on the slime like this, but think I will stay black...

Comment

Working...
                    X