Steve Farris (Mr. Mister) Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Farris (Mr. Mister) Charvel

Always loved this Charvel back in the day. Looked to have GREAT specs. HSS, Floyd, orange sunburst, possible swamp ash body, maple neck strathead.

I wonder where it is today? If it even survived the 80s? (Apologies for the poor quality YouTube screen grabs.)

Not the same, but kind of looks like this one in its original finish, huh?. Wonder if they were built around the same time...

Is that guy still active in a band or on social media? if so, could always ask him what became of it, be cool to find out
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

I love the first 2 albums, awesome stuff. Never realised he use Charvel.

Comment

I know they were a band that heavily appealed to women, but the dude had serious chops. And I really dug his tone on those albums. Sparkling cleans + hot rod'd Marshall coolness.

Not sure, but I believe he's done a bunch of hired gun work since then - touring with other artists, recording session work, etc. A talented dude.

Comment

Cool guitar indeed!

Comment

I read that he lost a lot of gear in the Nashville flood a few years ago...hopefully this wasn't one of them. Steve rips!

Comment

He had this blue strathead too....

Comment

Cool one, Chuck - haven't seen that before! Looks like sonic blue, maybe.

IIRC, he also had one with a rosewood fretboard. Can't seem to find a pic of it right now, though.

Comment

On a side note, he played some solos on Creatures of the Night by KISS.
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Maybe it's just the quality of the pics but there doesn't appear to be any "burst" on that axe at all. Looks like a "burnt" orange solid color.
                    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Yeah, just poor quality pics. Watch the old videos, and you can see the burst. It's slight, but definitely there. Very similar to the Vai green meanie's original burst finish before the green refin (last pic in first post above), or a Gibson "light burst" finish even.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                        On a side note, he played some solos on Creatures of the Night by KISS.
                        He played the solo and lead fills on the song Creature of the night but that's all. It's an great solo BTW!
                        www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                        X