NGD San Dimas Reissue Ebony Ebony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD San Dimas Reissue Ebony Ebony

Hi guys. I wanted to introduce my new toy. Thanks to psychodave for selling me this beauty. It's a 2006 reissue with an ebony board. I love it and thought it compliments my Corvette. I think I have to get a new Family shot with the Vette, my Les Paul Custom Black Beauty and this bad boy.

It's my first 100% USA Charvel and I love the raw neck and ebony board. I am surprised that the ebony doesn't seem as slick as MIJ Soloist Pro or my 2 Les Paul Customs.

I do have a question though. Dave had it set up with the floyd Slammed against the body. I like them floating. First, I found that there is no neck pocket angle, so I had to shim the neck. I set up everything and it looked great. I went to play and I wasn't able to pull up hardly at all. I took the back plate off again to make sure there was no wood or other mechanism installed to inhibit pull ups. There was nothing. What I found was the stock Floyd block and the boss that the arm goes into were both simply hitting the body wood. I have never seen this. There appears to be no way to fix it other than carving wood. There is no way I can see doing this to this semi-rare guitar. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the back side of the Floyd or body recess, but there simply is no clearance for pull ups.

Any ideas?

Cool. I have a C5 too.

Comment

Nice guitar (and car)! I had a black Star from that series with maple board. Mine had about 1/4" or so of pull-up, but I dropped the Floyd down to the body and shimmed up the saddles since I liked the Floyd on the body. I believe mine had a 37mm block. Maybe yours needs a different size block?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good point toejam. I'll check the block. The arm boss may be the killer any way. Thank you!

Comment

DonP. I bought it new. It's a 2002 and just turned 18,000 miles. Still has the new car smell .

Comment

Sounds good. Mine is a 2000 hand-me-down from the inlaw's with 93K miles I got a year ago. It is ok, but needs TLC with the crappy GM electronics, seat cushions foam, etc. Typical early C5 complaints.

If you can make out the pic in my avatar, you'll see my real baby, a 2011 Challenger with a 392. I bought it new in 2011, now has 5,5xx miles, and it too still has the new car smell.

Comment

I've had one or two Jackson strats that had to have the trem route enlarged for whatever reason.

Comment

DonP. I'd take that hand-me-down anytime. I'm a Chevy guy, but that is one cool Mopar.

Comment

Axe. That really looks like the answer, but I don't think I can bring my self to do it. Maybe, a little dremeling around the arm boss. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X