Green-Black, Or Green-Black-White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green-Black, Or Green-Black-White?

I'm planning on getting my Black San Dimas refinished soon. I bought it used from GC, it was well used with chips and dings, but the price was also right for a USA Charvel, so I bought it intending it as a refin.

Originally I wanted to do the EVH Black-Yellow stripe design, but shortly after I bought the guitar the Striped Series was released and there is really no reason now to pay for that paint job, I could just buy a Stripe Series.

So I have been thinking about what I want to do with this guitar. I love my Slime Green So-Cal and am already planning on buying an import Slime too. I really dug the blue striped bass that WVH had, so now I am thinking about doing a Slime Green EVH Stripe design.

First I took the Black-Yellow and changed it to Slime Green with Black stripes, then I took the Red-White-Black and changed the Red to Slime Green and inverted the Black and White becaus it didn't look good with all that white.

I really like them both and can't decide which one to go with. Ultimately in the end it may come down to price, I haven't tried to get any quotes yet, but I'm just curious if you think one looks better than the other.

Or

Green-Black
    42.11%
    Green-Black-White
    57.89%
    I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Both look great but I'd go with the green/black/white personally.

Comment

That's the one I was kind of leaning toward too, but seems most people prefer Green-Black. I emailed for a quote on both this afternoon, we'll see what the prices are, I'm sure the Green-Black will probably be cheaper.

Comment

Green black and white....

Comment

I would have voted leave it Green Slime if that were an option. I'm not really into someone else's signature design. But if you're hell bent on doing it, might as well go all the way! I voted Green-Black-White. I think if your mockup was on a gray background, not white, that design with the white stripes would have more pop. I think it suffers being on that white background.
          Last edited by BayRocker; 01-29-2015, 07:20 AM.
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

If you're going for an EVH tapejob, get the full refin and go red-black-white.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
              This.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Relic'd or not? Green & Black Bumble Bee if glossy. Green, Black and White for Relic'd Frankie.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                  This....

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                    This....
                    Yup, same here!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuithari View Post
                      Yup, same here!
                      And here, add the white.

Comment

Well thanks for the input guys. I was leaning toward Green-Black-White. Plus green would make it more "Frankenstein"-y

Paint shop hasn't gotten back to me with quotes yet. As for leaving it Slime Green I'd be totally happy with Slime Green, but it was black with dings and finish checking. I just stripped it myself and I like this better than the crap black paint it had. If it wasn't a 3 piece body I might just leave it this way, but this is fine til I get it painted. Right now it has Blackouts, but I plan on filling the pickup ring holes and going direct mount with probably a Frankenstein and something Alnico II in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
                          Well thanks for the input guys. I was leaning toward Green-Black-White. Plus green would make it more "Frankenstein"-y

Paint shop hasn't gotten back to me with quotes yet. As for leaving it Slime Green I'd be totally happy with Slime Green, but it was black with dings and finish checking. I just stripped it myself and I like this better than the crap black paint it had. If it wasn't a 3 piece body I might just leave it this way, but this is fine til I get it painted. Right now it has Blackouts, but I plan on filling the pickup ring holes and going direct mount with probably a Frankenstein and something Alnico II in the neck.

I'd leave that how it is man .... looks cool

other wise i'd go black/green...always liked the bumblebee better than frankie

Comment

Incredible job on the stripping, looks like it was never painted? How did you do it?

I really like it the way is it as well. Looks like a Charvel Natural Series but the Frank will be Bad Ass!

Comment

Disposable lighters and steel wool

I remembered reading on some site where some kid had a candy green So Cal and said he stripped it that way, I tried a test spot and it worked. You can see a tiny ding and the cracking, this guitar was beat up.

Here's a shot where I had most the paint off and was getting rid of the residue. Only took a few hours.

Only have one little scorch mark, should be able to rub that out though.

Comment

Working...
                              X