Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are people's thought on this Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are people's thought on this Charvel?

I am thinking seriously about going for this guitar. It would be my first original USA Charvel. From what I can tell it's from '83. What do those with more knowledge think about this? I would have to sell my 2007 MIA '62 reissue telecaster to fund it so I'm being cautious before pulling the trigger.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitare/ville...ationFlag=true

Any information or advice is much appreciated, especially concerning value/price, pickups, style of the neck, general quality of that year's production run etc.

Many thanks!

Nice. I'd like to see the serial number as many Charvels are "known" and can be researched. Probably replaced electronics. Charvels and Jackson branded pickups don't overlap that much - that would be into 86 and by then you started getting Jackson logos on the headstock. The Floyd install is not correct for anything of that vintage as it has bushings and posts and if it was factory it would have the old style wood screws - so it's either added or a later body, or worse - an import body with a USA neck and plate.

Overall I'd say it's a mutt and not worth 1200.

But clear pics of serial numbers and work order numbers from the neck pocket and neck heel would help. Also price of the electronics and trem cavities are musts on a vintage guitar.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Possible Model 2 body....

Comment

Serial number says 2317. (1983)
        My guess is Model 2 body parts mutt.

Here's a cropped shot of the neck plate.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 05-12-2015, 10:03 AM.
        -Rick

Comment

Aliennation? lol
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The bodys paint doesn't look like a San dimas typical thin paint job. Looks thick like a model 2

Comment

Covered Jackson logoed hum w/enlarged ring would be a Model 2 spec too....

Comment

Agree that it looks like a model 2 with a Floyd added. I wonder what the route on the back looks like. Seems like they must have pulled a Kahler flatmout off it if it was a model 2 (I think). I would assume that if the Floyd was original, the back routing for it would be factory painted.

Or I'm an idiot and its an '87 on . What's the story with the gold colored logo? Could that possibly be a USA neck?
                Last edited by BigBillow; 05-21-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Is that site even legit? Sites like these seem to usually be scams or lead to nowhere.
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBillow View Post

Or I'm an idiot and its an '87 on . What's the story with the gold colored logo? Could that possibly be a USA neck?
                    It's a USA neck on a Model 2 body.
                    The neck and plate are probably from the same guitar.
                    -Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X