NOGD: One piece Koa Charvel San Dimas '95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOGD: One piece Koa Charvel San Dimas '95

I know these are not that popular but I got an old friend back that I should never have sold. I bought this around 10 years or more ago and my buddy always wanted me to sell it to him and I eventually gave in. In need of cash he then sold it and that was the end of it I thought. We even spoke a few weeks ago about guitars that we missed and this was mentioned. I had an itch to get one of the newer Charvels and had been keeping an eye on Gumtree and what should pop up - my old San Dimas II. Effortless to play, sounds great and something about the one piece Koa just does it for me. I don't really notice the slightly odd headstock when playing it...

Sweet, I had an SD1 I wish I still had.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Wow! One-piece body? Don't see that every day.
      Great to re-connect with her!

Comment

That guitar looks sick.

Comment

Thanks. That SDI looks great - there is one just like it on ebay at the minute.

Does anyone know where you would get spare parts for a USA Wilkinson - the new ones by Gotoh are all metric.

Comment

wish I hadn't sold mine.

Comment

sweet.. one piece koa bodies are becoming rarer and rarer and $$ these days

Comment

Great looking wood on that one
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Nice! I always liked those "SD"'s
                  one piece Koa? hang on to that one
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Have a same one
                    Good axe, very much an allround workhorse, except that the pu'ps slam the hell out of the input of an amp
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Very nice! I actually quite like the headstocks on these - they're that little bit more graceful than the older PC1 head. I still have a couple of SD1s (koa but it's 2 piece, and lacewood), plus I've had a mahogany SD1 and a SD3 and SD4. They're great guitars and awesome bang for the buck..
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

sweet body.. anyone have a pic of the headstock? I'm curious

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                          Very nice! I actually quite like the headstocks on these - they're that little bit more graceful than the older PC1 head. I still have a couple of SD1s (koa but it's 2 piece, and lacewood), plus I've had a mahogany SD1 and a SD3 and SD4. They're great guitars and awesome bang for the buck..
                          The first year PC-1 (1996) had the same headstock as the SD series.
                          It is my holy grail of guitars to find.

1996 PC1 Ad.jpg
                          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                            Have a same one
                            Good axe, very much an allround workhorse, except that the pu'ps slam the hell out of the input of an amp
                            Yeah the pickups are very powerful but I am using a JMP 50 watt circuit so the boost is nice. I do like the Super 3 but it is kind of dark so I think I will try the Super Distortion I have here just to see if it gets a few more highs.
                            Last edited by Chris72; 08-04-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment

This is the earlier headstock. It got a little fatter at some stage...

Last edited by Chris72; 08-04-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X