Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ID and price...

Charvel Tiger

Just need to know if everything looks right to you guys, including the price.

\m/ Thrash Zone \m/

The single coil isn't factory. The visible wood in the route gives it away. The mini switch is odd too, not that they wouldn't do that back then. The serial number is right for the age

As for its price I don't know because I wouldn't buy it due to the Kahler. If it had an OFR I'd feel good about the price.
    Last edited by Matt_B; 10-22-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
      The single coil isn't factory. The visible wood in the route gives it away. The mini switch is odd too, not that they would do that back then. The serial number is right for the age

As for its price I don't know because I wouldn't buy it due to the Kahler. If it had an OFR I'd feel good about the price.
      Thanks Matt, I was just curious. I've never seen one of those personally and thought I'd see if you guys could look it over and me learn what's right or wrong about it so I know what to look for in the future. As for the Kahler the one guitar I had with one, seemed cool to me, it was different for sure.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I have a 2 hum version, serial number within 100 of the one on reverb. It does appear the reverb one was a single hum with the neck pickup and switch added later.

Comment

Was once owned by collector Shawn in Tampa....single-coil was added....that price is nuts....& this was sold recently thru GC in FL

Comment

The switch being added later is a no-brainer if the neck pickup was added. How else do you switch pickups, lol.
            Although, if you are going to do something like that, why not move it over an inch so that it is all in the black area.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              The switch being added later is a no-brainer if the neck pickup was added. How else do you switch pickups, lol.
              The mini switch is odd to me because most folks as a full sized LP style toggle due to their durability and ergonomics.

Comment

Found this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Charvel...-/121626829776

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                  The ESP George Lynch H/S models don't have a switch. You use the volume pot (push/pull) to switch pickups. The only downside is you can only have one pickup on at a time.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                    Was once owned by collector Shawn in Tampa....single-coil was added....that price is nuts....& this was sold recently thru GC in FL
                    It's in Spartranburg, SC now.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The ESP George Lynch H/S models don't have a switch. You use the volume pot (push/pull) to switch pickups. The only downside is you can only have one pickup on at a time.
                      There's also a 'blend' knob. Which isn't a 0-10, it is a -10/+10, where -10 is the all neck, +10 is the all bridge, and 0 is both. The volume is always all the way up, you just decide how much of a blend of the two pickups you want.

Comment

Yeah, that's true. Carvin did have a pan/blend knob at one time. You could also do concentric pots with volume/tone or mid/bass/treble, etc.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X