New neck for the CS Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New neck for the CS Star

In chasing an elusive tone and an iconic aesthetic, I've decided that the neck on my Charvel Custom Shop Star needs to be changed. In addition to the neck being swapped out for a custom order, I am planning on swapping out the active EMG X's in my Star for some more traditional passive p'ups. Leaning towards Dimarzio Gravity storms, SD Jason Becker Perpetual Burns, or maybe a Custom Custom and 59 in the neck.

Charvel neck- Quartersawn Maple/Maple, reversed banana HS, 6-in-line 10 mm tuner holes, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets (6100 gauge) red sharky inlays and side dots, scarf joint, Floyd shelf, oil finish, no paint on head stock.

Stoked to see what this brings about. Good news is, I can always bolt the old neck back on.

Charvel will make and sell a custom neck only?

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
        No.
        Predator is correct. Charvel/Jackson CS will NOT make replacement necks. I ordered mine thru a custom source.

Comment

Guitar looks stunning already.
          Really interested in the end result.

Who is making the custom neck?

Comment

Butala Custom Guitars.

Saw a few of his necks on eBay and was impressed. Hopefully, the sound/play as good as they look.

Comment

Let us know how those Butala necks are. Been eyeing them too!

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                Let us know how those Butala necks are. Been eyeing them too!
                Might be a few months before this happens as I grabbed up a few maple boarded axes to assuage my maple board GAS. Need to build the bank account back up to do so.

Comment

shit thats one of the coolest stars I have seen, love it...but I agree about the neck not looking "right". I think the rosewood needs to go for ebony. Personally I would go no inlays ebony board, but I think red inlays on maple will look pretty cool as well (love maple boards)

Comment

Working...
                  X