Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel launching its Custom Select ahead of NAMM in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel launching its Custom Select ahead of NAMM in Europe?

I was lurking on musicradar.com. And came across an interesting review on a new Charvel line that has an amazing price with options.

Is this ONLY for the European market? It has a US price of $1122.

My interest is peaked!

Anyone know anything more about this?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

I know of at least one U.S. dealer that says they can order Charvel custom select guitars.

Comment

Someone doesn't know how to do currency conversions. Assuming the British pound figure is correct, that actually equals about $2,100.

Comment

Yeah, the price listed in that link would be the list price and if the custom select listed for $1122 that would make it about the same price as the MIM Pro Mods. A list price of $2100 would end up retailing for about $1600 which would be killer IMHO. Plenty of folks have expressed interest in US made Charvels like the original US Production Models.

Comment

Someone on that website screwed up.

1399 British Pound equals
          2107.81 US Dollar
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Or maybe that is the street price for the bare bones model they tested?
            I have seen much more mention of street price the last couple of years than MSRP.
            Plus the price is for a US made guitar...so in the US?
            If they were shipping it back to the states, then maybe that conversion would be screaming "typo".
            Shipping it out to ship it back would be counter productive.

Comment

I don't see a street price on a US made Charvel being that low ($1100). It's too close to the MIM Pro Mods and too low compared to custom shop Charvels. Look at what Custom Select Jacksons runs. I expect US Select Charvels to be a little less due to simpler construction (Strat head, no neck through).

Comment

Guess we will have to wait for some official releases and a build sheet for NAMM 2016.

Comment

Go to the Rich Tone website - it's a UK dealer - and you'll see a "spec it out for a price" online builder with some options. $2,200-ish for a bare bones guitar. That's MAP, not list price. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Go to the Rich Tone website - it's a UK dealer - and you'll see a "spec it out for a price" online builder with some options. $2,200-ish for a bare bones guitar. That's MAP, not list price. It is what it is.
                    Actually that's list price which is sometimes MAP but not always. Regardless take 25% off that price and you'll have your retail price.

Comment

Yes, MAP is about 25% off from list price. Pretty sure that's MAP shown, though, not list.

Comment

I got a quote from them. Yes the price is the final price you have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                          Actually that's list price which is sometimes MAP but not always. Regardless take 25% off that price and you'll have your retail price.

Not in Europe
                          You may ask if they are willing to give you a discount, but usually, if there's only one price shown, than that is retail price (and forget any deal)
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm really stoked by this, it's hard enough to get USA Charvels in Europe let alone Custom Shop ones.

Anyone got a link to a colour chart? Particularly keen to see the difference between the various sunbursts.

Comment

As of right now there's no such thing as a Charvel Custom Select in the USA. Hopefully that will change at NAMM!
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X