X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare custom Charvel? pics included

I visited a great store recently and came across this

Serial number 950995.

A bit too 'bling' for me but the neck felt cool. I haven't seen anything like that before.

Any one have a clue if it's custom or a rare model?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Mid 90's San Dimas reissue. Not really a custom, but a limited production series of guitars. That is one of them.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't recall H/S/H with string-thru, but it looks good.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I don't recall H/S/H with string-thru, but it looks good.
        Me neither.
        Never seen a string through SD, let alone a H-S-H.
        -Rick

Comment

Something of an odd duck but, from the pics at hand, seems to be a legit custom order. Using that style string tree on a non-Floyd guitar is a bit weird. And that middle PU looks like an added mod. Also that strap button on the top horn looks to be at an odd angle. Otherwise, seems OK.

Comment

Back then I would think that they'd still put the CS logo on it. And there were a few weird one-offs before or after the actual production... but my memory of those days is kinda clouded... lol

Comment

I had a weird one-off that was a Custom Shop that had no CS logo. It was like a mix between an SD reissue and a PC-1 (fat-ass neck). It was labeled Charvel but had a Jackson plate. I got it from my area Jackson rep directly. Never got a "real" story on it - I was told it was a proto-type, but I could never confirm it. It was the BEST Jackson I ever had. I sold it to buy my wife her engagement ring. Got great $$ for it.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I'd bet that single was added, with the godawful cover to hide some clear lifting or something..
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  Back then I would think that they'd still put the CS logo on it.
                  This has always been an option for the customer, you can request it on or off. And the custom shop has always been inconsistent about applying it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    This has always been an option for the customer, you can request it on or off. And the custom shop has always been inconsistent about applying it otherwise.
                    Yeah, I know. My last custom wasn't supposed to have a CS logo but they put it there anyways... but I found a better way for them to do it, so it's getting one. lol

Comment

thanks for your input guys. It was a cool guitar though the two things that put me off was the clear coat on the neck ( I prefer satin or oiled with nice woods) and the middle pickup. They were asking £999 which I'm not sure if that's a fair price.
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I would rather have the CS logo part on the back of the headstock anyway on the front its too cluttered looking.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've actually spec'd it that way a few times. So, yes, they'll do that for a custom order.

Comment

Working...
                          X