Identifying Charvel USA neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Charvel USA neck

Hello all. New to the forum here, although I've referred here many times in the past. I was hoping for some assistance in identifying a neck I got on a parts Charvel. The body isn't authentic Charvel (there is no recess or even screws for a backplate). However Im told the neck is USA Charvel, and can't seem to find anything out on it. I can take photos later, but the main curveball is the 21 fret neck. Decal is very well put on, no markings at the heel but it is the correct size. Can anyone tell me if Charvel ever made 21 fret necks? Or any other ways to tell if its genuine? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by pcastain; 03-08-2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: pics

I have never seen a 21 fret charvel neck. were is the truss rod adjustment? should in the heel.

Comment

Yes, Charvel made 21 fret necks.
      They also made guitars without back plates.
      They were a custom shop, so pretty much any tweak you can think of has probably been done.

Pics will help in identifying the neck.
      12 fret dot spacing, heel cut, skunk strip width and location are all pretty specific to Charvel necks.
      -Rick

Comment

when you say the heal is the correct size what size is that? As far as I know no one makes them them in the old size I don't know enough about the 21 fret reissues they did, but no aftermarket company makes the early width.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Neck pocket is 2 1/4. I didn't consider that it could be a custom deal, but here are some pictures. Any more knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Im looking to sell it since i play my Wild Card more, but wanted more info first so I didn't mislead a buyer.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. The neck pocket is 2 1/4. I have attached some pictures (hopefully it works this time). I am trying to sell it since I play my Wild Card more, but wanted more info before posting. Here is the photo bucket link.
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I lied! After a closer look its actually 2 3/16 neck pocket.

Comment

Except for prepros the fretboard should have square ends not round.

Comment

Hard to say from the pics, but that fretboard also appears to have a radius quite a bit rounder than typically seen on a Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    I remembered that from my Pro Mod as well. I am going to go ahead and say this is a charvel-style partscaster then. Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

The neck plate is from a made in Japan model series.

Comment

the body could possibly be 86' model 2(trem cover not routed), but the neck plate is late made in japan model series 89' maybe(no address) the neck round end of finger board,21 frets, shelf not wide(deep) enough for locking nut, heel shape is off. there are lot of inconsistences.
                        Last edited by paranoid; 03-09-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

The Charvel logo is a decal?? Shouldn't it be paint on an an original Charvel neck?
                          And if you look closely, the (R) is mirror-inverted

Last edited by busdriver; 03-10-2016, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            There are exceptions... (these are not Prepros, they were made in 2015)

Last edited by busdriver; 03-14-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I've yet to see a 21 fret neck with a squared fretboard at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X