Which colors did charvel use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which colors did charvel use

I am making a warmoth charvel mockup until I can buy a real Holdsworth Charvel (probably never given how rare they are).
    Since I want to paint the body the same color, anyone have an idea what the color Charvel used on the Red Holdsworth San Dimas ?
    By eye the closest I could see is Torino Red, but maybe someone knows the exact color used.

A friend of mine who owns one, says the red color has a strange vague purplish effect when turned against light.
    Dont know what to make about that, but thought I mention it.

Might've been red with blue pearl, which was used by J/C back in the day. I'm not sure about a Holdsworth, though. That's just a semi-educated guess, based on what you've described.

Comment

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful. When did Ferrari red first appear on Charvels?

Comment

Can't tell you a specific year, but it was fairly early. It was one of the standard finishes offered on Jacksons in the SD era - ferrari red, black, pink w/platinum pearl, etc.

Comment

Thanks Shreddermon;
          There is very little information available from Charvel.
          Reading through this site is about the only viable option it seems.

To decipher how the Charvel business machinery worked is quite difficult it seems.
          I guess the only way to figure it is to have users disclose their Charvels with color serial numbers and details in order to set up a database. I have seen some of those attempts and I guess I must be right based on the existence of lists of Charvel owner guitars.

Comment

Saw one on Reverb for 9k! WOW that is pretty pricey and building your own version will probably allow you to tweak it like you want.

Comment

Working...
            X