San Dimas with an LP style switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas with an LP style switch

In another post I was looking for a Charvel body to go with my early 80s Charvel neck. I found one and it is a new San Dimas with all of the electronics and Floyd Rose Trem included. One odd thing about it is (I see from the pictures) it has a three way switch, LP style instead of the five way strat style. Is this normal? I also saw that it has only a volume knob and no tone.
    Can anyone enlighten me as I am new to the Charvel world.
    ricky

Prior to the most recent iteration ("6 pack of sound") the pro mods came with 3 way switches. Totally normal.

Comment

Adding to what Vass said, the 6 Pack of Sound electronics suite debuted in 2016. So all the 2015-and-prior Pro-Mods had the lone volume knob and 3-way toggle switch.

Note: According to the Charvel catalogs (http://www.charvel.com/support/catalogs-and-pricelists/), Pro-Mods didn't exist in 2012-13. USA Pro-Mods were from 2008-09 (I think), then came Japanese production at Chushin Gakki until its closure in 2011, then I imagine Pro-Mods resurfaced in 2014 with Mexican production at Fender's Ensenada plant.

Here is a rough timeline that I've been able to piece together if you ever come across a Pro-Mod body with no hardware and want to identify it. Neck pockets have date stamps in them, which help.

2008-09: USA. One volume, no tone, 3-way toggle, non-recessed Floyd.

2010-11: Japan. One volume, no tone, 3-way toggle, non-recessed Floyd. San Dimas has chrome hardware as opposed to black.

2012-13: No Pro-Mods offered.

2014-15: Mexico. One volume, no tone, 3-way toggle, recessed Floyd.

2016-onward: Mexico. One volume (moved further away), one tone, 6 Pack of sound, 3-way blade switch, recessed Floyd.

Comment

Working...
      X