4th mini toggle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th mini toggle?

Found this one on Reverb. It's a 1985 Charvel San Dimas. This guy has quite a few old school Charvel's and Jackson's listed. Thought I'd share. Noticed the 4th mini toggle right below the tone knob. Just curious to what that is about. Do know the other 3 re on/off mini toggles. Curiosity question and thought I'd share since this guy has quite a few old school Charvel's and Jackson's for sale.

usually the 3 mini's are just on/off switches. Maybe the 4th one is a preamp boost, kill switch or coil split?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Unless that's an EMG 89 (which the logo doesn't appear to be copper), then the switch would not be for coil split. Probably not the original pickups, and the switch might not even be hooked up.
      Send the guy a message and ask; easiest way to find out.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Unless that's an EMG 89 (which the logo doesn't appear to be copper), then the switch would not be for coil split. Probably not the original pickups, and the switch might not even be hooked up.
        Send the guy a message and ask; easiest way to find out.
        I was thinking that may be the best option. Just thought someone on here may know. Any San Dimas models at all come factory with those pickups?

Comment

They usually came with Jackson passive pickups that would typically use active electronics like a gain, midboost or wah sweep. I guess they could have been ordered with EMGs if a customer really wanted them, same as real Floyds would sometimes get put on in place of Jackson's JT-6 Floyd if the customer supplied it.

Comment

So, kind of like a Model 4? I've seen some '80's San Dimas models with the 3 mini toggles and just two knobs as opposed to 3. There's even a gun metal gray bolt on 1987 Jackson San Dimas on Reverb and eBay with just two knobs as opposed to 3 and the typical 3 on/off mini toggles and has a Kahler. I don't I have seen one with a 4th mini toggle. I was thinking kill switch, boost/preamp, or something.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen some old models with 4 switches, and the 4th one is usually a coil split for the humbucker. I guess anything is possible, though, maybe even aftermarket.

Comment

My guess is the 4th toggle is connected to a wireless infusion pump connected intravenously to the guitarist. At the flick of a switch, the stage performer can get a boost of Totally Awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake and get so high his brains will blow chunks into the milky way.

If not, it should. Uhh...in which case, none of you were ever disclosed this information if asked (I'm going to file a patent application).

Comment

Comment

He's mixing up his pics, the closeup of the rear of the headstock with the two floyd nut thru screws is from a different guitar. His pic of the complete rear view of guitar is correct, no floyd nut screws.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                      He's mixing up his pics, the closeup of the rear of the headstock with the two floyd nut thru screws is from a different guitar. His pic of the complete rear view of guitar is correct, no floyd nut screws.
                      I didn't pick up on that until you mentioned it, haha. I think that pic is for the pink '86 Jackson he has listed. Only other one it could be.

Comment

Working...
                      X