NGD: 2017 Charvel Guthrie Govan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 2017 Charvel Guthrie Govan

So I’ve been looking at these for a couple of years now but, didn’t actually get to play one until I was vacationing in Japan (of all places) last April and said to myself... yep another perfect super Strat (I’m also an Ibanez/Anderson/Schecter/Suhr fan). I decided I wanted one with the single coil simulation so decided to pick one up new as there weren’t too many to choose from used just yet. Got it in early December. Anyways here are the pics!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I own the Suhr version as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Hey, Ivan! Welcome back. That guitar is awesome. Love the Suhr, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great looking pair, congrats. I wish Charvel would start offering some color options on the GG, like that beautiful Suhr.

Side note: Will someone please tell the Charvel guys to stop placing the logo all the way towards the ball end of the headstock. I've seen this on a LOT of recent Charvels coming out of the custom shop, and it's triggering an appearance OCD reaction. I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that the logo should be placed closer to the nut end, nearer to the bottom notch of the headstock. Placement like on the Suhr? Pretty please.

Comment

I am in agreement Shredder. Seems to move higher up every year.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Great looking pair, congrats. I wish Charvel would start offering some color options on the GG, like that beautiful Suhr.

Side note: Will someone please tell the Charvel guys to stop placing the logo all the way towards the ball end of the headstock. I've seen this on a LOT of recent Charvels coming out of the custom shop, and it's triggering an appearance OCD reaction. I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that the logo should be placed closer to the nut end, nearer to the bottom notch of the headstock. Placement like on the Suhr? Pretty please.
          Whoever talks to Charvel also ask them to use pickguards that done leave a big ass gap between bridge pickup and Floyd base
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Suhr looks pretty nice in front, but that ass shot of the Charvel caused some unintentional throbbing.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X