Satchel Signature announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satchel Signature announced!

I mistakenly put this in the import forum. But I'm deleting now.

Video fun:

But it is an import.

Cool guitar. Still wish they weren't using flatsawn necks on the imports, though.

Comment

I can only hope that folks that view that promo vid understand what Steel Panther and Satchel are all about. Once again, I'd grab one of those up if they were 24 fret. Double fast if it was neon green tiger striped! LOL

Comment

"They know how to use algebra at Charvel." LOL

Comment

I'm just not feel'n it.
          Dinky body.
          Where's the Strat? Not just because I like the Strat better, but because it has the Strat headstock. It just looks better without the "streamlined" body.

Comment

Almost $2000.00 for a Mexican Charvel? I hope Satchel gets a good chunk of that. lol!

Comment

You do realize that's just list price, right?

Comment

So anybody got experience with these Fishman pickups? What's their deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                  So anybody got experience with these Fishman pickups? What's their deal?
                  I installed the classics in my SoCal and hated them. Under really high gain, they washed out. and the notes all sounded the same, in an artificial way- hard to explain. However, when I demo'd the pickups in a semi-hollow, they sounded superb. go figure.

Comment

Is anybody hearing of a release date? My local store ordered one, but didn't get a ship date.

Comment

It costs more because they said at NAMM that the paint process takes a long time to do, and also has those Fishman pickups...

Still, I never get why people buy signature guitars...just buy a socal or san dimas and install the Fishman's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                        I installed the classics in my SoCal and hated them. Under really high gain, they washed out. and the notes all sounded the same, in an artificial way- hard to explain. However, when I demo'd the pickups in a semi-hollow, they sounded superb. go figure.
                        By washed out do you mean really dry? I tried the EMG-57 pickup and that was a really boring pickup, just too flat. I respect it for what it is but once I put my JB back in I was amazed how much more fun it sounded.

I was thinking of getting the Classic but I am afraid that it might still sound too close to an EMG pickup.

Personally I think a lot of artists get them because they're really quiet for live stuff, and probably use passives in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          Is anybody hearing of a release date? My local store ordered one, but didn't get a ship date.
                          I ordered a new Jackson Pro and am being told March. Don't know if that is the same for the Satchel.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Just got an email response from Charvel yesterday.

They said Mid March for the Satchel as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X