Help identify mid/late 2000's Custom shop San dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify mid/late 2000's Custom shop San dimas

I received this guitar on trade about a year ago and have had some major trouble truly identifying if it is original or not. I was told the previous owner got it from Sweetwater after it hung there for a couple years after it was special ordered and then never bought. He then decided he wanted it to look like a prepro with a brass neck plate and lost the original. Has Dimarzio ToneZone and Air Norton, original floyd, schaller tuners, birds eye maple neck and board with matching head stock and truss adjustment at the heel, not sure about body wood. Here are pictures, tell me what you guys think!

Thanks!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I'm no authority on that model, but man, that's a beautiful birds-eye neck on that one!

Comment

That Floyd looks like a 1000 series to me. Also i find that body shape to be odd and the shape of the headstock. And on top of that the story of the previous owner sounds like a bunch of BS. I am not calling it a fake but just my observations.

Comment

I hear you. If it truly is a 1000 series Floyd, it's the best one I've ever played and I've used plenty of both. I work at a guitar store and had our Charvel/Jackson rep look at it. He couldn't tell me much of anything either. I totally agree about the story too. But I traded out a guitar I really wasn't attached to any more. The fact that the body pocket and neck both have matching stamps tells me it's at least not a parts mutt. Do those markings mean anything?

Comment

I'd say fake. I've never seen a Charvel with those neck pocket markings. Everything looks slightly off. That should have a Fender profile strathead, it's not correct either.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

As fake as a 3 dollar bill. Hope you didn’t get taken for a ride on the trade.

“It doesn’t have a serial plate because I wanted it to look like a pre-pro”. Said no-one ever. That dude was a lying scammer. Sorry.

Comment

I traded a 2005 white Gibson Flying V for it. The build quality is top notch, and it sounds and plays way better than the Gibson so I'm not extremely heartbroken. I'd guess these are warmoth parts most likely then.

Thanks for clarifying everyone

Comment

Warmoth use different stamps on their necks, so that's not a Warmoth. I don't know if USA CG or Musikraft use these kinds of stamps.

That's a parts guitar. I looks nice but that guys story is complete BS. That being said it would cost $1k plus to put together so enjoy it for what it is! Just my opinion...
                Last edited by Drew816; 02-23-2018, 10:06 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

You are right, I looked up warmoth and saw they have a very distinct stamp on all their necks and bodies. All things considered, if not for my 3DR, it would be my best sounding and playing guitar. Even knowing its fake I'd probably still have done the trade.

Comment

Working...
                  X