Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 2005 Reissue necks

Hello all,

I'm curious to know what are the specs for those 2005 San Dimas reissue guitars and what other guitars, Charvel or any other brand, would be the closest match?

Thanks!

Ibanez wizzard. they are thin.

Comment

Maybe the original Wizard 1 is close although a bit different profile, but more recent Wizards are definitely wider and I guess more of a D shape with pronounced shoulders, but the San Dimas feels more like a thin C shape and it is incredibly comfortable for me, that's the reason I'm trying to find a similar neck...

Comment

The 2005 are a D shape, nothinng like the current strat heads. Yes the wizard 1 or what''s on the prestige super wizard. I've had 3. some had wider fretboards. I just know they are too thin for my 48 year old hands. Great built quality though.

Comment

They're not quite Wizard thin. Maybe like Wizard 2. Pretty similar to the King V speed neck shape Dave Mustaine preferred. At least my '05 Star was like that. Even someone at Jackson stated they were similar. My old '94 Dinky HX was thinner.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This picture illustrates what I mean really well, although it depicts some bass profile, so I would say that my 2005 San Dimas feels more like the C Profile on this picture, only not as wide and the Ibanez Wizard, especially the more contemporary ones are more like the D neck on this picture. And those "shoulders" combined with extra width, which might be not the actual width, but a feeling due to those shoulders, are not very comfortable for me as I have smaller hands and find it very challenging to play certain things, especially when I need to wrap the thumb around the neck - doesn't really matter when I play in a "classic" position.

Comment

In terms of just thickness specs at a given fret, I measured my '05 Dweezil run neck back when we got them & it came out exactly the same as the USA Jackson Dinky specs from the catalogs. I'm not good at C vs D, but it feels like it has a tiny bit of a flat spot compared to a pure C, but definitely no shoulders like the diagram. Totally understandable that it's kinda unique since it was finished by hand. Pretty sure that's the case with all of the USA guitars from that period, so there's bound to be some variability.

Comment

Working...
              X