Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone less than "stoked" about the new charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone less than \"stoked\" about the new charv

Dave is in NYC taking an EMT class and also taking helicopter pilot lessons.

Comment

Re: anyone less than \"stoked\" about the new charvels?

FU*K the perceptions, the new Charvels are gonna rock

Comment

If the woods they're using are from the Fender stockpile, I'd be leery too.

Comment

jdoug,
          you're in sunset beach? we gotta hang dude.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Has anyone played or own the New Charvel Model A Plus? i am really considering getting one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Has anyone played or own the New Charvel Model A Plus? i am really considering getting one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own the Model A +. Cobalt Blue, mahogany body, birdseye maple neck, ebony board. Pearly Gates at the bridge, 'lil Screamin' Demon neck + mid. I've had it for just over a month. I'm really liking the neck on this axe. Good sustain, nice variety of humbucker tones. No Strat quack at all though.

Comment

what is Strat Quack? Neck thin or thick? My one problem with Strat style guitars is when i am strumming my hand always seems to lower the volume. On my squire i removed the top volume knob and filled the hole and it solved the problem. However this would not be easy to do with a solid body. Anyone else got this problem?

Comment

I just wish they'd update the Charvel page on the website to show the new pointys and stratheads (if any)...I'm tired of looking at the old stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as 'quack' goes...it's traditionally positions 2 & 4 on a Strat... best luck I've had achieving that was on by doing the so-called 'Eric Johnson Mod'...the middle pickup is disconnected from the tone control, and you dial the neck or bridge darker with the tone controls..and the middle always stays spanky! Steve Blucher at Dimarzio suggested it to me at NAMM a few years back, and I've never regretted it, did it to both my Strats.

Comment

Siggy, the necks on Model A's are pretty thin. And anyone who wants "strat Quack" should go get a strat and give me thier J/C.

Comment

I hope they come out with some affordable models [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X