84 Charvel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Charvel question

Was offered this in trade. Body purchased from Grover's wife prior to the move. Is there any indication from the routs if this is indeed a legitimate body? Vintage trem, hum/sgl EMG's w/black guard, GREAT pointy neck w/plate #3341. Appreciate any opinions.

Re: 84 Charvel question

I have heard that the SD guitars generally had the rear cavity route even when the guitar uses front loading set up (that is just how all the bodies were prepared??). I want to say that this info came from either usacharvels.com or Bretts site, but I cannot be sure off the top of my head.

I'm not an expert, but I thought I would share.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Don't look right, Charvel pickguards had a 8 hole pattern (usually), the neck pocket on Charvels were bare (no paint) and 3341 was seen on two other guitars, a red Floyd pointy and later on a GMW EVH.

I think its a plate on some parts...
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Don't look right, Charvel pickguards had a 8 hole pattern (usually), the neck pocket on Charvels were bare (no paint) and 3341 was seen on two other guitars, a red Floyd pointy and later on a GMW EVH.

I think its a plate on some parts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an 11 hole on my white one.. but Tracy is right the neck pocket should be bare .The pickup route looks like my 84 too ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Doesn't look right to me either,I'm thinkig modded Model 1A body with a San Dimas plate??!!Chucksplatter

Comment

exactly Kev, your 11 hole one is why I now state "generally (usually)" that Charvel used a 8 hole pattern pickguard. Always exceptions, general rule of thumb was 8 screw hole pattern.
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Thanks alot for the info. I was told the body was in a pre-assembled state when purchased from Grover's wife. No parts had yet been installed. The neck, plate, parts were added at a later date. Here's a few more pics...

Comment

That body is most certainly not a Charvel, USA or Japanese. It's not a Fender either. Look at the inside contours of the horns.

Comment

that's a cool neck....

Comment

Working...
                  X