THE FINAL 25th ANNIVERSARY THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE FINAL 25th ANNIVERSARY THREAD

i don't know who said they liked them or hated them, i'm just a spouting mutant, spouting an opinion after trying it.
    it does not feel fender at all.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      i don't know who said they liked them or hated them, i'm just a spouting mutant, spouting an opinion after trying it.
      it does not feel fender at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

tom, for a list of the suspects, see here
      http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=75180&page=1& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#75180

Comment

Nice link...

While I can respect that the 25th anniversary is not a peice of crap, it still does nothing for me. All I can see when I look at it is a Fender with a flame body and one hum built for one purpose only: To see how much people will really pay for a 1 hum strat with a Charvel logo on it, nothing more.

The new production Charvels are cool as beans, but this thing...whatever. I'd still buy two GMWs or a Suhr or an Anderson first. LOTS of better choices out there for that kind of coin.

Just My Opinion, etc...

Comment

don't get me wrong, i think it's overpriced as well, and yes, it may also be an attempt to see how much one will pay for a strathead. my issue is more with the whole fenderization of it all. the proto was more than likely a fender; the real guitar isn't, tho.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

tommy needs to shave

Comment

HEY!!! PEOPLE! STOP Arguing!! AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!! please [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Fong -

They're 1 11/16, and by all means you should get one and drop a Floyd in it. Just route the living **** out of it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

My take on it is this - yes, it's a great guitar - and there are no issues with it's playability... having had these two side by side to compare:

I have to say that the re-issue is still a great guitar, but is obscenely overpriced at retail (and even wholesale) and the this HRF smoked it in all categories. Tommy - the HRF belongs to your new Hero, TXJASON aka Oregon Jason...

I had the chance to buy Fritz's - and stuff on my end went sideways and prevented me from pulling it off...at some point it would be great to own one of these, but I think there are better things at a much better price in store for all of us from Charvel...It really doesn't matter who made it - it's a great and very playable guitar, but not worth the $4000/2000 (R/W) price tag they want for it....

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nice link...

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I'm having issues w/ the new board! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love those 25th anniversary models.

Why do they have to cost so much money? GAH!

I think I may have to warmoth myself one, perhaps with a Floyd Rose Single locking tremolo.

Comment

oh, I also noticed that they have an increadible high end.

That humbucker is so much closer to the bridge than on my Fat strat, its insane.

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have a 25th and love it!!! Great guitar from top to bottom.!!!

Comment

For those of you who haven't met Tommy in person, prepare yourself. I was lucky enough to have both chuck and Tommy in here on Saturday. He's a funny fucker!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

We we're the lucky ones Matt,thanx for letting us hang out bro!!

Comment

i'm the lucky one, i stole more stuff from behind that counter while you were helping others in the store than i would ever like you to know. you sure your drawer number was not a few hundred off? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X