No announcement yet.

Charvel Standard Star #6062 (Many Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Standard Star #6062 (Many Pics)

Just got this today from DCGL. Review to follow.

Re: Charvel Standard Star #6062 (Many Pics)

juicy dude, juicy.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Fritz,

Thanks for putting me out of my misery, I've been checking that out for months!

Looking forward to the review.

Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

cool, what is the address on the neck plate is it P.O. Box 215 or 245..hard to see.

KILLER looking guitar, congrats.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I just got done playing it for about 15 minutes and it really is a great player.

First, the bad: Etched plate and 1 11/16" nut. I was hoping for 3-D plate and that this would be one of the Pre-Pros with a 1 3/4" nut. No big deal on either, though.

Now, the good. What a thin neck!!! Nothing like the 25th Anniversary that I had. That was a sweet guitar, but this one is definitely more to my liking. I only played one older Pointy and I don't remember the neck being this thin. Very sweet. The Custom 5 pickup is a very good choice. Not too high output, but it definitely has some oomph. I just got a Wolfgang in this weekend (awesome player, btw) and the Wolfie's pickups are way hotter than the Custom 5. Fit and finish are excellent, as expected.

I'll post more after I get a chance to play it for a few hours.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            cool, what is the address on the neck plate is it P.O. Box 215 or 245..hard to see.

KILLER looking guitar, congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is P.O. Box 215

Aside from the plate, Charvel hit a home run with this series. I was considering ordering one of the Standard Stars but with 2 hums. When I saw this one, I had to jump on it, though.

I kinda figured that Charvel would be making a great product again, so I ordered a Custom Shop Charvel Strat last week. Cream body/headstock w/maple board, gold/brass hardware and gold logo.

Wonder why the gold logo is an upcharge on the Custom Shop, yet I was able to get a gold logo on the production line Standard series? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Where is Charvel getting the bridges to put on these things?

Comment

is that the one with the NOS v-trem and hardware?
                in any case, killer guitar!

Comment

Sweet, Fritz! Actually, I'm glad to hear about the 1 & 11/16ths nut and thin neck. I had heard they were changing those specs, and was hoping they'd get 'em right!

BTW, I think the gold logo is standard on all pointyheads - USA Standard or custom.

Now I can't wait to get my custom Strat! Hoping the build time isn't too aweful, because the ordering time has been. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, that is sweet. Congrats. I'm beginning to think that Stars are my favorite body shape ever.

I'm a little behind the times, though -- is this now a standard production guitar, or a custom order thing? I know the name says "Standard," but I guess I missed hearing about them being made again.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Comment

Very Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CHEERS

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Dude, that is sweet. Congrats. I'm beginning to think that Stars are my favorite body shape ever.

I'm a little behind the times, though -- is this now a standard production guitar, or a custom order thing? I know the name says "Standard," but I guess I missed hearing about them being made again.

Can somebody enlighten me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Charvel Standards are a production line of USA made Stars, Strats & Tellys (I think) that have the following specs: Alder body, oiled maple neck, vintage trem or floyd, Duncan Custom 5, and your choice of ebony, rosewood or maple board. Color is red, black, white or blue (I think). You can order these from any Jackson/Charvel dealer and even have the following upgrades w/o paying Custom Shop prices: Different Color/graphic; 2 hums, HSS, etc. The list price on my Star was $1999 plus the case. So you end up paying about the same price as a Soloist for a USA made Charvel.

The Charvel Price list explained all this, but it is no longer on the Jacksonguitars.com website.

Comment

I'll have to check my price list when I get home, but I thought the Standard was the strat shape, the Traditional was the Telly shape, and the Star was the star shape...
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the info, bro!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I'll have to check my price list when I get home, but I thought the Standard was the strat shape, the Traditional was the Telly shape, and the Star was the star shape...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be right.

Comment

Working...
                              X