Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The NEW Charvel.com is now live!

Yes ,, it would be a custom order ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

basswood on the EVH striped, hmm, I wonder if they'll have options for woods?
      The custom finish San Dimas reissues look cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        that's worth 60 bucks to me!! it's all good to have the Charvels back on the scene...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Guess I should have said "Small price we long-fingered f*cks have to pay" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Long as I can get one made with an R5, reverse pointy and an ash body I'm in heaven [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank You Brad........cool
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Question for the Fender / Charvel rep - Is the Candy Blue color option on the standards the same exact flip-flop color that was standard on my old '83 Charvel SD Strat? When ordering custom, I see there is a $400.00 upcharge on the "interference" paint; ie: "flip flop" - paint changing colors under light. Mine appeared to have a silver basecoat under the candy blue paint finish. Great to see a strong Charvel comeback unfolding! <font color="blue"> </font> [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

It's great to see the Charvels online now.

Since the webiste says "While we’re busy building the definitive Charvel Web site...", I understand that current Charvel website is only a tentative draft.
              I miss a lot of stuff:
              - Complete and detailed model specs
              - Complete color and graphics chart
              - Pricelist
              - Custom shop section; including custom order form, custom quote calculator and custom shop gallery archives

I don't understand the custom finishes section. None of the shown flame graphics is an authentic Charvel flame graphic. Where are the original Hot Wheels and Hot Rod Flames? Where are the Bullseyes, Bengal and all the other Charvel graphics?

Comment

I'm thinking the original Charvel graphics will be parted out in limited edition runs. At least at first.

I hope not, a B/W Bullseye reg prod run would be cool.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I am about ready to order a Candy Blue one hum standard, it should be sweet.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    san dimas style is the headstock used on the san dimas reissues in the mid 90's...looks similar to a pc1 headstock...at least that is what the supposition is at the present time...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I believe the term for a strat-head is now "San Dimas headstock". It's part of FMIC differentiating Charvels from Fenders.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Like someone else said I feel 16 again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

wait a minute...the san dimas headstcok is offered up on the custom sheet...are you saying that we can now custom order THE headstock?...i thought that particular shape was tied up with licensing fees, etc...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I believe that, for headstocks, "San Dimas style" still refers to the PC1 / 90s Reissues psuedo-strathead. That's how it was explained before. (...This was on old custom order sheets the same way, BTW.) However, as Tekky mentions, when talking about body styles, "San Dimas" is Fender code for the traditional Charvel strat body. ...The confusion is easily understandable. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

At least, I sure hope that's still true. I just ordered two axes a couple of days ago and, before placing the orders, I specifically asked a dealer whether strathead custom orders were being allowed yet. The answer was (still) no. Otherwise, my decisions would have changed significantly, and those two orders would be very different animals.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            san dimas style is the headstock used on the san dimas reissues in the mid 90's...looks similar to a pc1 headstock...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any way one could add a curved piece of wood to make it LOOK like a strathead?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do that yourself - the neck on Frankenstein (Kramer banana) was a Boogie Bodies Strat neck that had been cut and extra pieces of wood glued on to form a banana head (per John Walker at NAMM).

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X