83 Charvel Star...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Charvel Star...

Guys, I don't know too much about the USA Charvels. Got a dude who wants to trade me one for a USA Jackson. His Star is black, 1983, 22 fret rosewood board and Charvel pointy headstock. Has a Floyd, but might have been converted. Dual hums with non original hard shell. Good condition. What might such a guitar be worth in terms of $ so I can get a true gauge on what I am trading for? If the Floyd was not original, does this hurt resale value? I will likely look to sell this after the trade, but want to know what I might expect. Thanks for your input...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: 83 Charvel Star...

if the floyd isn't original it will, indeed, hurt the resale value...the market on these is strange tho...i've seen them go for 600-1200 depending on condition...and depending on who has money and what they're looking for...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks, d.m.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

wow Joe, that guy you trading with probably found this

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-12031.htm

I bet its same guitar and I bet someone is out to flip for profit....

Same guitar??? Funny the guy does not even have it yet and he is trading it to you. Thats fast..$850 is what they want, weird strap button location.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The low E string is falling off the board and high E is way far from the edge of the board.
          I guess the poor installed Floyd is making this..

Comment

Hard to see but I don't think there's a hole in the neckplate for the strap button & the button that's on there is definitely in the wrong spot so there's at least one extra hole!!I've seen problems with the E-srings falling off the edge of the fretboard on guitars with added Floyds before,easy enough to fix with a smaller floyd nut but I'd be weary of this axe!!Hmmmm,parts??Chucksplatter

Comment

It don't look like a smaller nut will fix that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

no, but a simple neck adjustment/yank will fix that easily. put a few small dowels in there to help the screws bite better, and it's taken care of. i wouldn't let that part be an issue.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  no, but a simple neck adjustment/yank will fix that easily. put a few small dowels in there to help the screws bite better, and it's taken care of. i wouldn't let that part be an issue.

sully

[/ QUOTE ] This is the pic I looked most closely at. It appears from the pic that the Floyd posts are more than a bit off. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

heh...i didn't look at that one, just the one of the neck. neverminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hacked up parts monster. Yeah, the neck alignment can easily be fixed, but there's no way this left the factory that way, which to me means the neck is not original to the body. Neither is the neckplate. No hole in the plate, very poorly added Floyd...POS.
                      Some good parts individually, but...

All that plus the fact that the guy doesn't even own it yet and he's already looking for the flip. I'd avoid it Joe.

Comment

that's quite a yank to get that one aligned properly. That's how neck pockets get cracked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops. Wish I'da read this thread sooner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I played this guitar. And passed terible hack job. Neck was ok but that was it. Not for $850.Bad cut out where the floyed was added.

Comment

I keep hoping they'll send me an email saying it's been sold already, and that they did not charge my card [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ah well, maybe a trip to Dr Newcenstein's Island Of Sick And Twisted Misfits will do it some good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X