Jake E Lee's two white Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jake E Lee\'s two white Charvels

yeah, i do as well, but honestly, i doubt it'll happen. speed messes your brain up pretty hardcore, and he's been into it for many many years. i was told that it had a fair amount to do with him losing the ozzy gig. (he was never around for writing, rehearsals, etc)

anyway....sorry for the lame news.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Does he still have his guitars? Or has he pawned them off to help supply his habit?
      Sad to hear. I seem to remember when he and OZZY split in the 80s He said he was trying to clean himself up and OZZY was getting worse and worse. He couldn't be around that. I remember thinking that was brave to throw that gig away because of OZZys habit.

Comment

Bummer - he's a huge influence on my playing... hope he pulls it together...

Comment

I wish he could get things together too. It's a sad thing to see happen to anyone. He could have any number of people help him and many would probably be willing. But he's got to want it.

Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Does he still have his guitars? Or has he pawned them off to help supply his habit?

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea if he still has his stuff...

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea if he still has his stuff...

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I've seen a seller on Ebay lately by the name of J.E.Lee. He's usually selling old Charvel/Jackson stuff. No idea if it's him or not.

Comment

heh. no, no it's not. that's joe, or charvel750 on the jcf.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i got 2 roadcases made by r&r cases that holds 2 4x12 marshalls from a seller on ebay
                  he told me he placed a bid on a storage room and won
                  we he went in it was full of gear and road cases that belonged to jake e lee of ozzy i said cool
                  i ask him what he got he said stage clothes a couple of marshall heads, cases and stuff but he had already sold everything else
                  i asked him could he verify this and he said he was only in it to make a buck
                  well the cases were shipped to me and amtrak crushed one of the lids [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                  well the cases have a metal tag with a phone number and a serial number on them so i called them up and got a quote on fixing the one case
                  i had a good conversation going on and ask can he tell me who bought these cases gave him the serial numbers and a few days he called me and said a guy in a band called badlands had bought three of them
                  i have the left and right case but i never found the middle one btw he sent me the invoices so i could have a copy
                  its to bad i did not know jake was that hooked [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  i have lost some good friends and great musicians because of sh*t like that i hope jake gets some help soon

Comment

WTF is Meth?
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

methamphetamine. also known as speed, crank, and i'm sure many other things.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man, ain't addiction a bitch!!!

Comment

Hmm I always thought he left Ozzy of his own accord and was happy/satisfied with the decision. Badlands succumbed to grunge etc. I guess c'est la vie...but this is strange news, like he lost a winning lottery ticket and can't get over it? It sounds like he was tossed unceremoniously from Ozzy's band from what you describe. That is a waste. He had much more to offer than so many others, he was really well rounded.

Comment

yeah, it's a waste, but sadly not surprising. i dunno, the past few years have kinda been an excercise in seeing heroes of my past in a much different light. a light i wish never was turned on.

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanx for the answer. It sucks to see a talented guitar player fallin' to this ****, but sadly, he's not the only one.
                              After all, we're only human. I hope he could beat his demons and get his **** together to go on playin' and more important, to have a decent life.

C'mon Jake!

Rodrigo.
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

This is a surprise, but then again...Who ever made it out of Ozzy's band in good shape?

Zakks probably afraid to leave!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                                X