Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake E Lee's two white Charvels

Hey all,
    I just got a bootleg Bark at the Moon concert DVD and noticed that Jake plays two different white Charvels. I had read in an interview where he said that the original is actually a fender body with a charvel neck. I noticed that when he flipped the guitar up during a close-up that it had a 3-bolt neck screw pattern which would confirm a 70's fender. What did confuse me was that it looked factory string-thru. I don't know of fender making a 70's factory string-thru but I'm not a fender expert. Anyway when they played Bark at the Moon he walked out with another white charvel that only had one humbucker and the input jack was on the bottom of the body where's the original is on the front of the body like a normal stratocaster. The second Charvel looked very much like a white Holdsworth model. He played another guitar that was wine red, one hum, mirrored pickguard but didn't have a name on the headstock. Anyway just thought that some of you might find this interesting as I always thought that he only had the one white one then his blue and purple ones.

Re: Jake E Lee\'s two white Charvels

The other "white" isn't whit at all .. it's Daphne Blue .. The red from the besty of my knowledge is indeed a charvel and yes the 3 bolt is indeed a fender.. that guitar started out life as a sunburst that was modded by a friend of his at charvel ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It definitely looks white in that video bro & I have a magazine pic & it looks white in that too!!Chucksplatter

Comment

I've also seen more than one live pic of Jake playinmg a white 1 hum with a black v-trem.

Comment

Yep my mistake ..You are correct .. the one he is referring too is a white single hum v-trem .. I think if you go look at the BATM poster from GFTPM he is holding that guitar. That guitar to the best of my knowledge isn't pure white though .. it looks like a white with a very light blue base to it ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

he's got two white strats and a daphne blue one.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sooooo.........where is Jake now?

Comment

living out of a hotel in las vegas with a pretty bad meth addiction.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

No way!
                  That blows...
                  If Lynch can do what he does now such as releasing CDs,touring,doing clinics, Jake should be doing the same thing!
                  At least he deserves that...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?
                    Wow, first time/post here. Hi everyone.
                    That just ruined my day!
                    [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

well, here's where i got my info.

george lynch said on his board that he was wanting to do a project with warren, and had hoped to get jake involved. he'd mentioned that he was in vegas and not doing very well.

so, i decide to see who i know that knows him, and make inquiries. it was confirmed by one person that he's in a hotel in vegas, and by another who knew him well (you'd know who he was if i gave up the source) that he had a very big meth habit.

i had learned this on 6/6, which was the 2nd anniversary of robbin's death... it hit me pretty hard, as some may understand that i wasn't in the best frames of mind that weekend to begin with.

anyway, that's pretty much why you don't hear much from him. he's got different priorities, not to mention his own demons... and becoming a grandfather probably didn't help much, either.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

man...thats really too bad, i really hope he can beat it somehow...

Comment

Thanks (I think!) Sully.
                          Wow. Hope he beats it. He's always been (will be) one of my absolute faves.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed that when he flipped the guitar up during a close-up that it had a 3-bolt neck screw pattern which would confirm a 70's fender.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have one,mine was a 73 I think. I hope Jake can get over this.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I heard the same thing, only I heard he lives in Sun Valley, CA..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...it's sad either way

Comment

Working...
                              X